“Great food; Welcoming atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Resto Darbar

Resto Darbar
Ranked #122 of 5,678 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Description: Resto Darbar features the cuisine of Punjab (Northern India); a reinvention of classic North Indian cuisine for today's more discriminating palate. With over 30 years of experience, our chefs are constantly rethinking the classic Punjabi dishes. Simply said, our vision at Darbar is to showcase the food of modern Punjab: bold, healthy, and flavor-intenseEvery aspect of Darbar – the food, the decor, the ambience is designed to excite the senses while honouring the Punjabi tradition. Exclusively set in one of the most hip and flamboyant cities in the world, Darbar offers a vibrant lounge atmosphere and outdoor terrace where sophistication meshes seamlessly with style.
Quispamsis, Canada
“Great food; Welcoming atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Our dinner this evening was wonderful. We were greeted and seated promptly, the waiter who seemed to be leading the evening, perhaps he was the manager, was helpful and friendly. The service was extremely attentive start to finish.

I had the Thali, a sampler of chicken madras, a curry and a dhal, along with a tandoori chicken thigh, rice and naan. I would gladly order any full meal of what sample portions I received, they were all delicious. If forced to choose, the madras was my favorite. It's very difficult to find a spicy dish that actually lives up to its name but doesn't overpower you and cause pain these days, but the balance in that sauce was perfect.
My companion had the shrimp tandoori, and describes it as "absolutely delicious." While there was a bit of spice, it was not too hot and the shrimp were abundant.

Our experience this evening was 100% positive. Our water glasses were never empty and we truly felt welcomed into Resto Darbar. We'd gladly return any other time we're in Montreal, and would recommended it to anyone with a slightly adventurous palate!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank evejpowell

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Homer, Alaska
“Great Indian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Darbar is a great Indian restaurant. I tried a type of sampler that came with tandoor chicken, two types of curry, a dal, and three types of bread. The portions were small so it was not too much food to eat for one meal. All of the food was excellent, especially the curry dishes, as my cleaned plate can attest. I also had a mango lassi for a drink. The staff were friendly and attentive. If I did not want to try a variety of ethnic food during my visit this week, I would definitely come back to sample some more dishes !

1 Thank Todd_in_AK
Hayward, California
“Nostalgia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I ate at this restaurant in California over 15 years ago before the owners moved to Montreal. Needless to say that in these last 15 years I have not had Indian food of the quality that Darbar serves.

6 Thank Farid S
Tokyo, Japan
“Excellent chicken curry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is a family-run restaurant. Very nice decor inside. The chef is the owner. The chicken korma and the butter chicken were among the best I have tried in all my years of traveling around and eating Indian food! Mango lassi was not too sweet, just right. I preferred the rice instead of the nan. Food for the soul! We are going back soon!

3 Thank aria
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

During winter, we walked in front of this restaurant and after ready the menu, we say that we must come to his restaurant. Here it is, in June 2014. Excellent food. I had the very spicy Vindaloo Chicken. Wow! Even spicy, you can taste the ingredients. The service is amazing. I would recommend the Indian restaurant to anyone. It's on my "I must return" list.

• Visited June 2014