“nothing special”

Ranked #126 of 5,890 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Description: Resto Darbar features the cuisine of Punjab (Northern India); a reinvention of classic North Indian cuisine for today's more discriminating palate. With over 30 years of experience, our chefs are constantly rethinking the classic Punjabi dishes. Simply said, our vision at Darbar is to showcase the food of modern Punjab: bold, healthy, and flavor-intenseEvery aspect of Darbar – the food, the decor, the ambience is designed to excite the senses while honouring the Punjabi tradition. Exclusively set in one of the most hip and flamboyant cities in the world, Darbar offers a vibrant lounge atmosphere and outdoor terrace where sophistication meshes seamlessly with style.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Had dinner, a spicy lamb dish. Rice was dry. lamb was chewy. Nice atmosphere. Good service. Nothing to get excited about.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Well...my son loved it and that means it was really good because he usually says no thank you
for most new foods! We all had the thali and he ate everything and so did we. I loved the tandoori chicken and thought it was the best I have ever had. I even took some home to Ottawa. Our waiter was friendly and the owners were super friendly and helpful. The beer was expensive but its Montreal!
Anyway, I loved it..no complaints, although my husband was dying for rice pudding which was on the menu but there was none. He was a little sad because that is his favourite desert.
We will visit again!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We went there based on other TA reviews. The restaurant is in a storefront with an unimpressive exterior. Inside, it's very small with a few tables and chairs and some spaces for eating on the floor. However, don't let this deter you one bit. The food is absolutely amazing! We had the meat Thali plate which came with a choice of meat (I chose the Butter Chicken, and hubby chose the Lamb Korma), plus rice, salad, chickpeas, cauliflower, two nuggets of tandoori chicken, and breads (Pappadum and Naan). Everything was delicious. We lapped up every morsel---nearly licked the plate! The sauces were that good! The staff are very friendly and engaging. Lunch for two came to approximately $32.00 including tip. Not bad for a sumptuous lunch.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This small Indian restaurant deserves praise. It is a friendly family affair. Meals are splendidly assembled. The flavours are spectacular. The food is reasonably priced. If you want a swanky evening with haughty wait staff, go elsewhere. If you want great food and are seriously in the mood for an Indian meal, come here. But be sure to call ahead because it has few tables.

1  Thank Alancm2
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This restaurant was near where we were staying off St Denis , which has hundreds of restaurants so the great trip advisor reviews made us walk a few extra steps. We weren't disappointed. There are many Indian restaurants in England so I had a lot to compare it with but I can honestly say I have never had more friendly service from the passionate family team that run and cook in this place. I had a great veg thali with a particularly memorable dhal and a delicious mango "mohito".

1  Thank LewisRipley