“Disappointed”

Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Montreal
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We decided to go to a restaurant for lunch one Sunday. As I walked through the door, I suddenly realized that I was plunging myself into the overrated, overpriced concept that is Sunday brunch. But alas, hungry and sick and tired of looking for a restaurant, we decided to try this place.

We got a seat immediately despite how crowded it was, which made me very happy. That, along with our pleasant waitress and large menu (which was not as expensive as I had thought it would be), gave us a good start to our lunch. Unfortunately it was this happy first impression that marked the immediate end to good times.

I should have realized we were in for some trouble when it took over 20 minutes to get my tea. I ordered a simple plate of crepes with maple syrup and my boyfriend waffles with cheese and spinach. And then we waited. And waited. And waited.

50 minutes later we got out food. The waffles were ok, but they somehow managed to screw up crepes. I was warned that to get into the festive mood, the chefs were experimenting by dying the crepes green and red. Mine were only green, but they tasted like rubber.

The place was so packed that I was expecting to wait, but 50 minutes for rubbery crepes is unacceptable. To add insult to injury, the woman next to us who ordered a burger after arriving much later than us got her food at the same time.

We will not be going back.

2 Thank LudmillaMontreal

Montreal, Canada
“Great local beer and burger.”
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Excellent neighborhood burger joint. They have excellent Quebec beers and a nice selection of burgers and other pub food. Service is always friendly and the fries are crispy.
What more could you ask for?

3 Thank restauranttoroli
Montreal, Canada
“Bon burger et bonne biere maison... Good burgers to go with their home-brewed beers.”
Reviewed May 2, 2008

Bon burger et bonne biere maison...
Good burgers to go with their home-brewed beers.

2 Thank Medicfou