“Great atmosphere, cozy and delicious!”
Review of Taza Flores

Taza Flores
Ranked #2,238 of 5,769 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: A mosaic of Flavours! Bar Taza Flores offers tapas in an enticing variety of flavours, aromas and colours. An adventure for all your senses! The Spanish tradition of sipping a glass of wine or a cool draft while munching on tapas (appetizer-sized dishes) comes alive in Mile End with a special Mediterranean touch. Heavy On Taste Light On Your WalletIf your mouth is watering in anticipation but your mind is dreading the bill, be reassured. The tapas here remain very affordable, which allows you to experiment with various flavours and make it home without depleting your wallet. Alcohol-wise, the bar has various scotches, ports, Spanish wines, beers and cocktails. Happy hour always starts at 4pm but ends at different times depending on the day. Exotic Surroundings Bar Taza Flores’ mismatched chairs, various paintings and exotic paraphernalia ranging from antiques to more modern and funky objects make you relax as soon as you enter. Montrealers, known for their love of terraces, can continue their love affair with the outdoors and sip a glass under the sun, weather permitting. They also have special nights, like flamenco night and other live entertainment events; check their website to see what’s coming up.
Montreal, Canada
“Great atmosphere, cozy and delicious!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This little tapas place is a real gem! Their tapas are simply delicious...My personnal favorites are the baba ganoujh, the goat cheese pizza and the tajine... The decor is cozy and charming, and the crowd is relaxed! The taxes are included in the prices of the menu so you generally have a pleasant surprise when the check comes! There's a happy hour every night of the week do it's aperfect for late afternoon hotspot...in the summer, the lovely terrace allows for a nice evening out...

1 Thank Veronique1985

Montreal, Canada
“AMAZING FOOD & SERVICE!!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2011

If you are coming to Montreal, you must try Taza Flores!
By far the best tapas restaurant in Montreal. I am from spanish decent and absolutely loved their dishes. Beef carpacio, tilapia coconut ceviche, trout tartare and bacon dates were so delicious. The grilled octopus was so nicely prepared, by far best octopus i have tasted. Mojitos are great as well!
Vibe and decoration is cozy and innovative! Amazing ambiance!
The service was impeciable, and manager so friendly, he made sure all was running smoothly and were happy through out the night for my birthday celebration.
The taza staff was adorable and the food was amazing!
I look forward to many more nights at this restaurant!

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank Sarah155032
Montreal
“Bad Service! Spend your money elsewhere.”
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Ever have such bad service from a restaurant that you regret ever giving them a dime of your hard earned money? The service at Taza Flores was atrocious.

I brought a group of friends here for my birthday. We spent a total of $400. One of my friends was charged for a drink he had sent back b/c it was bad. The waitress claimed her boss forced her to charge the drink, so my friend, sticking to his principles, refused to tip the waitress. The rest of us had already tipped on our own individual meals before we realized what was happening. My friend's decision to not tip was a silent protest for being charged for a bad drink. He didn't wish to complain or make a big deal out of it. This however lead to the MANAGER coming to our table to harass my friend for not tipping!

None of us could believe what we were hearing. Not only were we forced to pay for a bad drink the manager should have removed from the bill, we were now being insulted by the manager who told my friend he had a bad attitude for not supporting the waitress' nightly gratuities. This was the worst experience I have ever had with restaurant service and management in a Montreal Restaurant. LIke I said before, I wish I had never spent my money at this restaurant. I have never received such unprofessional and down right rude treatment from a restaurant manager over something so simple.

Needless to say, I nor my friends will be returning to Taza Flores. Spend your money at a restaurant that cares about their clientele and knows how to provide quality service.

3 Thank MontrealRosa
“Love it! Tapas are the best thing ever, and they have innovative ideas over there... Plus great ambiance, though a...”
Reviewed March 24, 2008

Love it! Tapas are the best thing ever, and they have innovative ideas over there... Plus great ambiance, though a little expensive for a tapas. I love the flamenco shows on wednesdays over there, Barrio Flamenco really rocks.

1 Thank Leti_Rutera