“Disappointed”

Neighborhood: Quartier International
SouthShore
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Very well located - Staff was friendly - Service was very very slow - booze is expensive - Service on a bare table - Meat was good - Veg. were overcook - Too expensive for what you get unless the location is all you need !

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank SouthShore10-4

Victoria, Canada
“a strange place”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I visited on a week night and was the only one in this restaurant which I found very strange. The food was ok with fairly limited choice. I had smoked haddock followed by seafood chowder and they weren't particularly special. The beer was the highlight with some nice strong Quebec beers on the menu.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank blindlemonpie
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible beer, outstanding menu”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We went for the Unibroue beers which we are fans of and were pleasantly surprised by the menu with many (maybe all?) food locally sourced. Atmosphere is a fun, beer hall style place. Worth a visit if doing a few meals in Montreal.

Phoenix
“Skip this restaurant”
Reviewed July 23, 2010

You can skip this restaurant. The atmosphere is good and you eat at long tables with others but my tour group at there for lunch 2 days in a row and I was disappointed both times. $18 for a very small salad, pasta with a red sauce (no real taste) bread, small desert and coffee. They tend to serve Veal, Buffalo, etc. They do have a soup and small salad bar that most were taking advantage of at lunch (local area workers) which looked OK. I don't eat red meat and asked for something other than veal and was given a leak and vegetable dish which was not a good selection. I ate a few of the vegetables which weren't good either. I'm open to trying lots of things but out of the 36 people in our tour group only 4 people liked it. A glass of wine or beer was $11-$12.

1 Thank Gumbylives10
Central New Jersey
“Interesting and tasty food selection”
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I do not personally know much about french and international cuisine, but I thoroughly enjoyed the interesting menu selection here. The restaurant is located inside the Palais de Congress, which was across the street from our hotel. The Friday night crowd in this restaurant caught my boyfriend's eye, so after looking at the menu, we decided to give it a try the next day.

Overall, the food and service was very good. I enjoyed sausages made from a trio of meats (I believe deer, guinea fowl, and pork) and served with vegetables and potatoes. My boyfriend had some sort of pot pie made from caribuo meat, which was very very tasty. The interesting meat selections made it something fun and new to try for us and we were certainly not disappointed with our decision to eat there.

As for price, I find that anything in Montreal is expensive and adds up quickly, even compared to other large cities. Our entrees were around $15-$18, but other entrees on the menu ranged from about $15 - $28, so not totally unreasonable, but certainly not cheap.

I should also comment that the atmosphere of the restaurant was comfortable and inviting. The wooden decor and tables gave it an old, worldy feel and the costumes of the wait staff also complimented this.

Overall a very nice experience!