“Lovely cozy restaurant in Outremont”
Review of Pinokio Restaurant

Pinokio Restaurant
Ranked #3,162 of 5,978 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Outremont
Cross street: Champagneur
Transit: METRO: get off at Outremont station (blue line) BUS: take bus 80 on Parc avenue and get off at Bernard
Description: Pinokio Restaurant, in the heart of picturesque Outremont, serves dishes that only a city like Montreal could inspire. The menu is constantly evolving, reflecting the ideas of our chef Collin. Our dinner specials incorporate local flavors and traditional Italian cuisine. Open for more than 12 years, it has built an excellent reputation as a neighborhood restaurant with an extensive wine list representing all the regions of Italy.
Reviewed May 28, 2012

It's a lovely restaurant on a small strip with other restaurants with terraces. The atmosphere is simply wonderful. A great place to meet up with friends or simply for a romantic dinner. The plates are a bit small for what you pay but the cuisine is delicious.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Excellent white-tablecloth bistro in trendy French neighbourhood. Good selection Italian wines at usual resto markup. Food properly cooked.We shared excellent paparadelle as primo plato. I had outstanding lamb osso buco (read menu carefully as it is not described as such) and friends were not disappointed with their choices. Apple tartlette desert lovely. Homemade tiramisu, if anything TOO rich. Saturday night service working very hard, but somehow everything arrived.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

The food was great and the service was exceptionally thoughtful. If you don't like a busy place, go on an off-hour and be able to really enjoy your meal.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Whenever I cannot think of a place to go, this is my go-to restaurant.

It is not your stereotypical Italian restaurant and you get it when you see no pizza on the menu, but don't let that scare you. It is one of those place, where the chef is honest enough to say, 'OK, I am not happy with the job I'm doing on Cannelonis, so they are off the menu' (I must say I found them pretty tasty and the day I heard this was a bit sorrow for me, but hats off for the passion).

Lately I know they started serving brunch, never tried it myself though. Also, I had a friend who took wine-tasting classes in this restaurant a year ago...

They have a friendly staff, good food, very reasonable prices, cozy atmosphere, and a great terrace for when the weather is good; so a bull's eye in all senses....

Some very minor things I'll point out just to be fair:
- Closes very early in the weekdays (I got there at 9.30PM once and got rejected a seating)
- There is a middle-aged gentleman there serving, he always mixes up the bills in a way that is not solvable; it is kind of funny though
- Once my friends came across a wine that went bad, though once we pointed out they immediately changed it
- A little far for those not living in Mile-End or Outremont; but maybe that's a part of the charm

Overall, one of my favorite spots in Montreal.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Busy, friendly service and delicious food. This was our second visit and it was as good as we remembered. Good dry gin martinis and wine list. They also offer 500 ml carafes of wines which we would normally avoid but because we'd had martinis to start we didn't want a 750 ml bottle. A nice choice of wines by the carafe. Very fair prices. A definite recommendation.