“Fabulous meat sauce!”

L'Usine de Spaghetti
Ranked #109 of 5,668 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: Old-Montreal Italian restaurant, L'Usine de Spaghetti, received is guest into a charming and warm ambiance with a succulent italian food. In May 1842, in the back room of this Italian restaurant, Mr. Charles Dickens wrote the notes for "A tales of two cities". Visit us and take advantage of our free salad bar.
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Fabulous meat sauce!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a great little restaurant in the Old Port area. We ended up eating there twice when a blackout shutdown the Metro leaving us stranded in the Old Port. Both meals were excellent, but the spicy meat sauce is definitely the star of the show. The meals are very reasonably priced and include a full salad bar. The decor is charming, and the chairs are very comfortable. I meant to take pictures of our meals, but we accidentally ate everything first. Overall, I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone visiting Montreal, but especially for those visiting on a budget.

• Korean first
mainlinemadelyn
“You could do better at a chain”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

It is a very pretty setting. The service was good, but, the server, unkempt. The salad bar is basically lettuce. The pasta was ok.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great hidden restaurant in Old Montreal”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Definitely worth eating at. We accidentally walked into this restaurant after thinking it was an outdoor one next door we were going in to. When we walked in we were surprised not to see an outdoor venue but we decided to stay because of the lovely decor the restaurant had.

When we sat down we were served water almost immediately and our drinks soon followed. We received complimentary bread with a garlic butter of some sort (delicious!) and we were told to help ourselves at the salad bar.

The meal we had was amazing. One of the best dishes I have ever had. I had a ricotta stuffed pasta in rose sauce (absolutely to die for) and my boyfriend had a white pasta in blue cheese which he loved. The prices were great! $14 dollars for the pasta dishes we chose! Very reasonably priced! The waitress was very polite and came at the right times and didn't bother us throughout the entire meal (which was very nice, so we had a nice relaxing evening)

I would definitely recommend this for anyone looking for a smaller venue for eating that isn't loud and noisy.

Definitely will return to this restaurant next time we visit Montreal.

This restaurant also has party rooms....good for larger crowds.

Bay Point, California
“Not the Italian flavors I'm used to”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

L'usine's quaint old building is cool and interesting, comfortable but with a cramped feeling at the same time. The bar is fairly limited, with a few decent beer and wine choices, and the salad bar is good... But I wasn't all that impressed with the "Italian" food, particularly the tomato sauce. Also, our server was distracted and a little too pre-occupied with what I assume is her beau, who was seated at the bar

Maybe I'm spoiled with all the great Italian food I've had over the years, but my entree here was uninspired and a bit bland.

Mama Francesca's home cooking it is not

Visited June 2013
Radford, Virginia
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was looking for an authentic (non-tourist trap) restaurant with a European feel. I found it! L'usine de Spaghetti Parisienne was just what our family needed. The location was perfect, right there at Place Jacques-Cartier on Rue Saint Paul. The staff was very courteous and attentive. Our waitress helped us greatly with our wine and food selections. The atmosphere was so wonderful: "oldie-worldie" charm, dark with lots of wood and stone decorated with old books. Charles Dickens and his wife stayed at a hotel here and may have written notes for his famous "A Tale of Two Cities". The prices for our meals were terrific considering that they were tasty, substantial, and included bread, the most fabulous garlic butter, and a salad bar, which comprised a variety of mixed bean, vegetable and pasta salads. The wine was also quite tasty. My family and I loved this place!

• Visited June 2013