“reheated lumpy crème brûlée and poor service”
Review of Restaurant Lemeac

Restaurant Lemeac
Ranked #108 of 6,004 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Durocher
Transit: Park avenue and Laurier Street
Description: Bistro-resto Leméac, pour l’authentique et le magique Situé à l’angle des rues Laurier et Durocher à Outremont, le Leméac est devenu l’un des piliers de la scène gourmande montréalaise. Inauguré en 2001, le fameux restobistro vous accueille dans une ambiance authentique, au caractère à la fois classique et fantaisiste, et dont le charme se prolonge jusqu’en terrasse, avec accès quatre saisons. Son menu reflète les plaisirs de la tradition française, celle de l’excellence gastronomique, à laquelle vient s’ajouter un petit accent d’audace et de modernité.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I can't believe the good reviews for this place. The only thing we really enjoyed about the meal here were the appetizers (Mushroom ravioli, demi-glace, pine nuts and arugula for me and beef tartare for him... if the review was based on just the appetizers I would have given this place a 4).

We were both less than impressed with the main courses; they were bland and boring. The service was not good and our crème brûlée was hot/cold/lumpy (obviously reheated badly). You don't spend $100+ to eat cafeteria food. I was so disappointed with the experience because of all the great things said about this place.

1  Thank Penny_Lane_002

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was there yesterday, with my Spouse, for lunch. Had a table by the window given with a welcoming smile and a genuine desire to serve. Had no reservations, but the handling of it, even if you have to wait, makes you feel welcomed and wanted. That is the preamble every single visit I pay to this restaurant, under any season, at any meal time, always ready and always welcoming. The staff is knowledgeable of its menu and its wines. The training is evident, and the care that goes into doing it, reflects is a level of service and satisfaction with which is served. The food is always tasteful, the daily specials always reflective of the season, the classic dishes always respected and yes, some heavy dishes carry on to the wrong seasons, but hey, it is there, if you want a creamy rabbit stew during summer. The wine choices are pristine and the prices accessible. The look is clean, the atmosphere chic, the clientele seems eclectic and for some reason very good looking. The place has it all going, and not for luck, but for true hard work and dedication. Great food, great service, great location and an atmosphere of genuine respect for your business, for the what is being served, and with it for life. Perhaps the ONLY place in Montreal that has the true refinement and fineness and KNOWLEDGE and not PRETENSION, bring to the table. Worth a visit, always memorable.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We liked ot very much. Food was really good. Waiter has to improve his attitude. Have to plan more time and that is appropriate.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was there for lunch.( Moules frites) Mussels and French fries Leméac style were real good. The portion was generous, the service was very professional. Over the years this restaurant continues to amaze me with a wide variety of unique plates.
For those that are hungry late at night , they offer a late MENU « FIN DE SOIRÉE »
For customers arriving after 10 pm. a smaller menu is served and price are reduced.
This restaurant is busy all day and all night. You better make reservations.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I made a reservation at the restaurant this past weekend to celebrate my fiancé birthday .
We arrived and were given the option where we wanted to sit . As the restaurant was
very busy we elected to be seated in a corner booth .
Salad portions were small .. Typically we are able to share a salad this was not the case.
I ordered as an entree the hanger steak .. Good but not outstanding
My fiancé ordered liver .. Good but not impressive.
However the desert was outstanding !! French toast with ice cream was superb..
I was impressed with the wine list and the reasonable price for their wine selections,
Service was very good..

I have been impressed with the overall wide diversity of restaurants in Montreal
This was a very good restaurant .. Not outstanding .. Food average ..
Good place for an everyday restaurant .. Not for that very special dining
Event .