“sweet little spot”

64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“sweet little spot”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was staying in a hostel and we were bought here on our 'pub crawl'. We sat outside in the patio area, it was so sweet with vines running up the tall walls. Staff were friendly and there was a really cool atmosphere. I definitely enjoyed this place.

Visited October 2013

San Diego, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very cool terrace”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our 12 yr. old son wanted to chill in the B&B, so my wife and I got a chance to hang out alone during our vacation. We expressly decided to come here based on the TripAdvisor rankings.

I agree with the other reviewer, Sainte Elisabeth is on a bit of scary looking dead end kind of block. But once you get back in the terrace, it is very cool. Ivy running up the sides for several stories. Gives the place a real chill environment. We went on a Wednesday and while full, we snagged a table within 30 seconds.

This is a beer garden...youngish crowd. All drinking beer, including me. My wife was the only one drinking a cosmo back there. LOL. No one was dining either. Good people watching. I could have stayed for another but we had dinner plans.

Service...well, do looks count? ; )

Visited June 2013
Montreal, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Best place to share an outside beer”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Great great spot. Coming here since 1999. The garden terrasse is simply the best place to grap a tap pint!! Beautiful! And the inside olis great as well with a 2 level pub, nive fire place and couches in the winter. A montreal hidden gem!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank OlivierYUL
Ontario, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Off the Beaten Track”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This pub is a hidden gem a little off the beaten track. It is tucked away in a little sketchy looking alley way; almost making you question yourself whether you are trying to get a bite or score some drugs. However, once you step inside that all changes. The interior is surprisingly spacious with a rustic feel to it. The furniture and decor give off a certain character, almost as if you can sense the party that happened the night before. Once you step outside however it completely changes. You step into a hidden courtyard enclosed by ivy covered 30ft walls. My first thought was I would feel claustrophobic, however, after a day in the sun this little hideout was exactly what I needed. My friends and I grabbed a table and ordered a few beers. The wait staff were quite polite often checking up on us. My only issue was the waitress asked us to pay immediately after ordering our first round. Normally they wait, but we were a bunch of younger looking people, so perhaps she had people dine and dash before and was just being cautious. Either way, I politely told her we would be ordering more and she held off on the bill.

There are an infinite amount of spots in Montreal to grab a beer. Some are certainly more open than this place, maybe with a better opportunity for people watching if you like that style better. But despite Le Saint-Elisabeth's enclosed area, it is certainly worth visiting at least once.

Visited July 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“One of the best bars for day drinks”
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

This bar is hidden on a side street and doesn't look like much from the outside, but upon entering and walking to the terrace you will be very impressed. The terrace is huge and seats a lot of people and is covered in Ivy. The music was very chill and the waitresses were very nice. We stayed here for about 2 hours.

1 Thank Nimz88