Open today: 3:00 PM - 3:00 AM
Review Highlights
Nice terrace in the back

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Vincent G
Montreal, Canada
Food lacking, but atmosphere makes up for it

Reviewed August 31, 2018

from $52.60
from $75.67
from $81.90
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you find yourself in transit between quartier-latin a downtown and want to chug a few beers on a nice terrace, this place has one of the nicest one. You can also order in food from neighbooring restaurants right at your table.

It is a bit pricier that others ariumd, and service is sometimes slow, but overall a good place.

The rest of the bar (inside) is not as nice.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was my first choice of bar after we arrive at Montreal, the interior is nice especially the terrace, c’est magnifique. A lot of students from University went on this place,. We ordered one drink and we have to pay immediately, that’s their style. We saw peopled ordered a delivery poutine or pizza.

What Me and my husband like about this place is the waiter, when we are ready to pay it took him 30 mins. To accommodate the payment,. My husband went to the bathroom and he told me that his playing or texting on his cellphone.
Very low energy, slow movement waiter,. I mean, if you wish to have a good tip, grouille toi, il bouge comme une tortue. Or maybe his less motivated because most of the clients are students.

Anyway, 1 drink here and were out. I suggest you went to Bistro Sanguinet more accommodating the waiters their.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

The terrace here is one of a kind, it's like a courtyard between 4 walls. Definitely a hidden gem, I don't often hear people talking about this place but it's one of my favourites

Reviewed August 31, 2018

We went fairly late, so we could only get chips - but the courtyard in the evening was magnificent. It was like no place else I've ever been. The ivy climbing the walls with the colored lights shining up, the stone and the great 90s alternative music playing - I didn't want to leave. We just drank beers but got a few really good shots as well.

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

We visited this bar each evening during a 4 day visit to Montreal. It’s really busy and sometimes hard to get served but the beer is very very reasonably priced and the atmosphere is very relaxed. Worth a call.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

I recommend visiting this pub and specially sitting in the backyard cause there is a great wall covered with plants. The atmosphere is always fun and active.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

very good place to sit and talk . they offer very simple food to eat with drinks. but that is not the point.. the point is wine and beer...

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for a drink to beat the heat wave during the Jazz Fest. The patio is shaded because it is boxed in by other buildings. The restaurant door was open to the patio allowing air conditioned coolness to leak outside. If you come on Monday or Tuesday they have Happy Hour specials. They also have a decent beer tap list.

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

Interesting little place, tucked away. I found it on TripAdvisor and I’m glad I popped in.

We sat in the courtyard, of course, which is really secluded and has a very tall wall with ivy. Fun atmosphere.

I ordered a Caesar and it was great. Husband ordered a Keith’s, which tasted a bit strange but no issues to switch it out.

We would return!

Reviewed May 6, 2018

Le Sainte Elisabeth was something straight out of a story book. The Jungle Book to be more precise. The atmosphere is super trendy and when you're drinking $4.00 pints in a rain forrest life can't get much better.

The food selection is lacking, but you don't go for the food.

Sangria is also a great option!