“Best place to share an outside beer”

Pub Sainte-Elisabeth
Ranked #15 of 221 Nightlife in Montreal
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Great great spot. Coming here since 1999. The garden terrasse is simply the best place to grap a tap pint!! Beautiful! And the inside olis great as well with a 2 level pub, nive fire place and couches in the winter. A montreal hidden gem!!

1  Thank OlivierYUL

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This pub is a hidden gem a little off the beaten track. It is tucked away in a little sketchy looking alley way; almost making you question yourself whether you are trying to get a bite or score some drugs. However, once you step inside that all changes. The interior is surprisingly spacious with a rustic feel to it. The furniture and decor give off a certain character, almost as if you can sense the party that happened the night before. Once you step outside however it completely changes. You step into a hidden courtyard enclosed by ivy covered 30ft walls. My first thought was I would feel claustrophobic, however, after a day in the sun this little hideout was exactly what I needed. My friends and I grabbed a table and ordered a few beers. The wait staff were quite polite often checking up on us. My only issue was the waitress asked us to pay immediately after ordering our first round. Normally they wait, but we were a bunch of younger looking people, so perhaps she had people dine and dash before and was just being cautious. Either way, I politely told her we would be ordering more and she held off on the bill.

There are an infinite amount of spots in Montreal to grab a beer. Some are certainly more open than this place, maybe with a better opportunity for people watching if you like that style better. But despite Le Saint-Elisabeth's enclosed area, it is certainly worth visiting at least once.

Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

This bar is hidden on a side street and doesn't look like much from the outside, but upon entering and walking to the terrace you will be very impressed. The terrace is huge and seats a lot of people and is covered in Ivy. The music was very chill and the waitresses were very nice. We stayed here for about 2 hours.

1  Thank Nimz88
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We were nuggets for beer, ended up here. Got some white ales with orange slices, tasty and refreshing and light. Got a taste of a friend's Leffe, tasty and thick and smooth and wonderful. Our friends forgot to tip the bartender before we got there, and we *still* got service. How much better can it get?

The noise level is completely manageable.

And the answer to the most dire question of all: yes, the fire in the fireplace is real, it's just gas-burning. You're both right.

1  Thank ajhorse21
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Firstly, TripAdvisor is currently listing St Elizabeth as 40.2 miles from the city centre. It is not. As far as I'm concerned, being a Montrealer, I"d say it IS city centre. At most, 1 mile from city centre (depending on what exactly your definition of city centre is.)

Their large patio out back is surrounded with 12 stories of vine-covered brick walls (I'm guessing). Mature trees and well-placed lighting make for a fantastic atmosphere in the evening. (Full sun around noon can be a little hot, but you're more likely to find a seat.)

It gets very busy in the evenings but it's definitely worth a shot.

1  Thank Drei92000