“Fantastic Craft beer”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Fantastic Craft beer”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We have been coming to Montreal for 10+ years and I am not sure how we missed this gem in the past.
This is the place for a relaxed vibe and the best craft beer in Montreal and some of the best in the world.
Snacks were great and service was better.
Would highly recommend.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Pjpnt

Seattle, Washington
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 222 helpful votes
“Coffee Stout, Hands Down”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

After spending a couple of days meandering around Montreal - and feeling a little underwhelmed - my wife and I decided to do what we do best...find a local place and grab a seat for a few hours. I'm slowly becoming a beer snob and my wife has decided to put up with it (despite being unable to drink beer due to a gluten sensitivity), so we chose Dieu du Ciel, which was about 15 minutes away from our guesthouse when we walked.

The interior was tight and busy at 3:00 on a Saturday afternoon, but we were able to find a spot to sit after waiting for about 20 minutes. Our service was prompt, and the quality of the beer was fantastic. I started with a rauchbier (one of my favorites of I can find someone brave enough to brew it) and my wife ordered the cider. We weren't able to tell what kind of cider it was, but we knew it was delicious, so we decided we didn't care. The rauchbier was well done, though the smokiness of it was lighter than I usually prefer. For my second beer, I asked for the coffee stout and holy cow...it quickly become one of my favorite beers, though I tend to be more of an ale guy. Most coffee stouts carry a strong stout taste with an alcoholic punch and perhaps a hint of coffee, but I got nothing but smooth coffee/stout flavor from this one. With 9.5% ABV, this had to be a tricky balance to build in brewing.

The price was great as well. For our 4 drinks and a tip, we spent about $20 USD. Way better than you're going to find in our hometown of Chicago...

If you like beer and have a couple of hours to kill in a cool spot in Montreal, check Dieu du Ciel out.

Visited February 2014
New York, NY
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Place for Beer Snobs”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Very nice micro brew pub with some great beers and super nice staff. We tried a bunch of stuff on the menu including the chips and salsa, the flat bread pizza and the pretzel with mustard. 5 stars all around. Great atmosphere AND free WIFI- great perk in a city that seems far behind in wireless availability. Any beer lover will enjoy this place.

Boston, Massachusetts
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Great food, amazing beer selection”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We popped in here after an incredibly long walk and getting stuck in the pouring rain. We were so happy to grab a table and rest our feet. The waitress was incredibly friendly, and recommended some beers for us. We all tried different ones, and passed them around to share. All just fantastic. We also ordered some food - a cheese plate (divine, get it), pretzels, sandwiches, and more. Great relaxing afternoon... well until a bachelor party showed up, but we were getting to leave at that point anyway.

Helsinki, Finland
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“A beer lover's MUST in Montreal”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

They have a wide range of beers both in tap and in bottles. The beers in tap change a lot so the pub is an excellent choice for those wanting to try new flavors. They also serve food so it's a great place to meet friends. All in All, one of my favorite pubs in Montreal and definitely a MUST for beer lovers visiting Montreal.

Visited December 2013