“Atma is my favorite Indien restaurant in Montreal (with Taj)”
Review of Atma

Atma
Order Online
Ranked #38 of 6,714 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Jewish Quarter
Description: Welcome to Restaurant Atma. Atma is known as a very special and unique Indian restaurant in Montreal. This restaurant is located in the heart of Montreal's trendy Le Plateau district, Atma is a comfortable yet modern, stylish restaurant which makes for a very pleasant space to enjoy delicious Indian cuisine. After dinning at Atma, you'll wonder why you haven't tried this restaurant before. Many guests find the atmosphere and experience so authentic that they feel like they were actually dining in India. The upstairs dining area is a must see and everyone should experience being in a place like this! Atma's menu consists of all your favourite Indian dishes and some must-try, interesting house specialties. You'll find chicken, lamb, shrimp as well as vegetarian dishes and more. Every dish is readily available from mild to extra spicy, prepared without preservatives or saturated fats. See the menus for details. Great dining awaits you at Atma!
Reviewed June 4, 2019

Atma is my favorite Indien restaurant in Montreal (with Taj). The setting is amazing. The food is great. The ambiance impeccable.

Date of visit: May 2019
group8590, Public Relations Manager at Atma, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2019

Wow, we are so happy to hear this!! Thank you so much for sharing your review and your comments - we really appreciate it. We would love to have you back again soon :) Have a great week!

Reviewed May 18, 2019

The butter chicken was super creamy and had the subtle taste of tomatoes, it was great. Lamb korma was good too, very well prepared and refined. The Baignan Bharta was out of this world, absolutely insane. Chicken pakora were ok, well prepared, but basically just tasted like fried chicken, not the way I would have expected from an indian restaurant. The Naan and Paratta, were super crunchy. I personally prefer the fluffy version, but it was good quality. My friend craved for the vegetable Byriani.

Overall, it was a great meal, not cheap, but not really expensive too. (about 25$-30$/person I guess). I definitely recommend it. The only thing I regret is not tasting Tandoori stuff, it looked so amazing.

Date of visit: May 2019
group8590, Public Relations Manager at Atma, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2019

Wow, thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear that you and your friend both enjoyed your meals and we truly appreciate your honest feedback about all of the dishes you ordered. And thank you for such a raving review of our Baignan Bharta! We hope you'll come back again to try some meals from our Tandoori oven ;) Have a great week!

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Loved my overall experience! The guys at the bar were really fun to interact with while I waited on my meal, very entertaining. The food was like others I have had so it didn’t blow me away that way, maybe because I asked it to be spicy and it was tame it soiled the experience.

1  Thank PaulM776
group8590, Public Relations Manager at Atma, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for your review and your comments! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We'll definitely pass along your kind message to our bar staff. We appreciate your feedback about your food and we will be using this to improve our services moving forward. We hope you'll give us another try!

Reviewed April 10, 2019

I absolutely love Atma. When you walk in, you get a nice vibe and it smells great. The staff where extremely kind and friendly. The second they placed the food on the table, my mouth immediately started to water!!! My family and I ordered naan, butter paneer, daal and rice, a samosa and veg briyani. Everything was beautifully presented and had so much flavour. For desert we ordered a mango lassi and gulab jaman. My family and I enjoyed so much and we are super exited to return!!!!

Date of visit: March 2019
group8590, Public Relations Manager at Atma, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Hi pripri6,

Thank you so much for such positive feedback about our food and your experience! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and we can't wait to see you and your family again soon! Have a great week :)

Reviewed April 10, 2019

I had an amazing meal at Atma. I actually found out about Atma on Instagram and I cannot explain how much i craved it the next day. I ordered a butter paneer, a vegetable biryani, samosas, and much more.My daughter is very fussy, but she actually had a great meal,leaving her plate almost as clean as it had been once she received it. The restaurant itself has such a lively vibe,but of course Atma wouldn't be Atma without the staff, who are so very welcoming.They make sure that you leave the restaurant with a smile and probably a takeout bag, just for tomorrow.

Date of visit: April 2019

Hi Vanika,

Wow! Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. We are so glad that you and your daughter enjoyed your food and experience in our restaurant. We hope to you both back again soon! Have a wonderful week :)