“Staff were amazing, food was good but not as memorable as the service”
Review of Atma

Atma
Order Online
Ranked #36 of 6,689 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Jewish Quarter
Description: Welcome to Restaurant Atma. Atma is known as a very special and unique Indian restaurant in Montreal. This restaurant is located in the heart of Montreal's trendy Le Plateau district, Atma is a comfortable yet modern, stylish restaurant which makes for a very pleasant space to enjoy delicious Indian cuisine. After dinning at Atma, you'll wonder why you haven't tried this restaurant before. Many guests find the atmosphere and experience so authentic that they feel like they were actually dining in India. The upstairs dining area is a must see and everyone should experience being in a place like this! Atma's menu consists of all your favourite Indian dishes and some must-try, interesting house specialties. You'll find chicken, lamb, shrimp as well as vegetarian dishes and more. Every dish is readily available from mild to extra spicy, prepared without preservatives or saturated fats. See the menus for details. Great dining awaits you at Atma!
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Loved my overall experience! The guys at the bar were really fun to interact with while I waited on my meal, very entertaining. The food was like others I have had so it didn’t blow me away that way, maybe because I asked it to be spicy and it was tame it soiled the experience.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank PaulM776
group8590, Public Relations Manager at Atma, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for your review and your comments! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We'll definitely pass along your kind message to our bar staff. We appreciate your feedback about your food and we will be using this to improve our services moving forward. We hope you'll give us another try!

Reviewed April 10, 2019

I absolutely love Atma. When you walk in, you get a nice vibe and it smells great. The staff where extremely kind and friendly. The second they placed the food on the table, my mouth immediately started to water!!! My family and I ordered naan, butter paneer, daal and rice, a samosa and veg briyani. Everything was beautifully presented and had so much flavour. For desert we ordered a mango lassi and gulab jaman. My family and I enjoyed so much and we are super exited to return!!!!

Date of visit: March 2019
group8590, Public Relations Manager at Atma, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Hi pripri6,

Thank you so much for such positive feedback about our food and your experience! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and we can't wait to see you and your family again soon! Have a great week :)

Reviewed April 10, 2019

I had an amazing meal at Atma. I actually found out about Atma on Instagram and I cannot explain how much i craved it the next day. I ordered a butter paneer, a vegetable biryani, samosas, and much more.My daughter is very fussy, but she actually had a great meal,leaving her plate almost as clean as it had been once she received it. The restaurant itself has such a lively vibe,but of course Atma wouldn't be Atma without the staff, who are so very welcoming.They make sure that you leave the restaurant with a smile and probably a takeout bag, just for tomorrow.

Date of visit: April 2019

Hi Vanika,

Wow! Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. We are so glad that you and your daughter enjoyed your food and experience in our restaurant. We hope to you both back again soon! Have a wonderful week :)

Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

I c cannot deal with how respectful all the employees here are they treated me with such class they've been there the whole entire time back to back to give me a bunch of respect I love them I would never go to another place else then this will never go anywhere else

Date of visit: March 2019
group8590, Public Relations Manager at Atma, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2019

Wow! Thank you for your kind review Kevin!
We are so happy that you feel valued here at Atma. Of course, we appreciate your loyalty!
We look forward to having you back again and again.

Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

My spouse and I visited last night for a late dinner. The restaurant was still packed at 8:00 pm on a Sunday night. We ordered veggie pakora, butter chicken, chicken tikka masala, veggie curry, naan, daal and rice pillau. It was a ton of food and all was very tasty. Particularly enjoyed the chicken tikka masala and veggie curry. The service was attentive, casual and fun. We very much enjoyed our experience. Other reviewers noted that the restaurant was dark. We did not find that at all. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Urbangarden129
group8590, Public Relations Manager at Atma, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Thank you for your review Urbangarden129!
We are so glad you enjoyed your experience at Atma.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon!