“Very disappointing, wouldnt go again”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Atma

Atma
Ranked #50 of 5,668 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Welcome to Restaurant Atma. Atma is known as a very special and unique Indian restaurant in Montreal. This restaurant is located in the heart of Montreal's trendy Le Plateau district, Atma is a comfortable yet modern, stylish restaurant which makes for a very pleasant space to enjoy delicious Indian cuisine. After dinning at Atma, you'll wonder why you haven't tried this restaurant before. Many guests find the atmosphere and experience so authentic that they feel like they were actually dining in India. The upstairs dining area is a must see and everyone should experience being in a place like this! Atma's menu consists of all your favourite Indian dishes and some must-try, interesting house specialties. You'll find chicken, lamb, shrimp as well as vegetarian dishes and more. Every dish is readily available from mild to extra spicy, prepared without preservatives or saturated fats. See the menus for details. Great dining awaits you at Atma!
Montreal
“Very disappointing, wouldnt go again”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

After reading the reviews i was excited to go there with my girlfriends, but apart from the great decor, the service was horrible not to mention the food wasn't worth the while at all.The owner himself doesn't seem to know the meaning of client service.

There's a lot of places for improvement

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Christina L

Los Angeles, California
“Amazing!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband, having lived in India, is very picky about his Indian food. Atma is definitely in our top two! The food was perfect and the service couldn't have been better. A standout dish for us was the Malai Kafta, although everything was delicious! The manager (owner?) couldn't have been more polite and took time to speak with us. The restaurant is very cozy and would be perfect for couples, but it also worked for us and our fourteen year old son. I would not recommend it for families with small children.

• Visited December 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Good food, fun atmosphere, bad service”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We have just moved to Montreal and have already sampled some amazing food in this lovely City. My fiancé booked a table at Atma for my birthday following the recommendation of one of his colleagues. I like to cook my own curries and I am a huge fan of Indian and Asian food so I was really looking forward to it. In short, good food and a fun atmosphere was really let down by shocking service. We went with two friends and my two step-kids. First, even though we had a reservation, we had to wait 30 minutes to be seated, during which after prompting it took them nearly 20 minutes to deliver 3 cokes and 3 lychee martinees (which were excellent!). Then we were taken to our table, which was in a little alcove. The restaurant is busy, fun, and full of atmosphere. From there dinner took about 3 hours from start to finish, and the kids, 12 and 14 were bored and sleepy because the food took so long. Although they did wake up for the yummy homemade mango icecream! Probably not a good place for kids!!! The food itself was delicious, although slightly cold probably because it was waiting to be collected... I have some advice for this restaurant... Give your kitchen staff a raise, fire and rehire your entire service staff and then rename the restaurant because having read these reviews, the reputation is clearly suffering.

• Visited December 2012
Montreal, Canada
“HORRIBLE SERVICE- RUDE MANAGER”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I have been to Atma a couple of times, and was extremely disgusted by the managers attitude.
He screamed at the extremely kind waiters who do an amazing job in front of all clients, which was extremely unprofessional.
He was extremely rude with my friends and I, snobby as well as sarcastic.
The food is mediocre, much better indian restaurants in montreal.
I definitely do not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited April 2011
8 Thank Sarah155032
Montreal
“Beautiful atmosphere, food could be better”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

This is a lovely restaurant to bring anyone to for the wow factor. The service is really good, a little too fast however. They come by every 5 mins to fill your wine glass either to get you to drink more and buy another bottle or to get you out faster not sure which. We had to tell the server 3 times to wait and not pour yet (our glasses were still full). The ambiance is nice, could have been more indian music, we were sitting upstairs which is really the best place in the restaurant. The food was okay, I was expecting better. All of it was cold, even the vegetable tandouri which came on a sizzeling hot plate was cold two minutes after it came to the table. The butter chicken had about 5 pieces of chicken in the bowl and was cold. The Chicken Saab (spinach) was good but it too was cold. The naan was really good. Other than being rushed and the food cold the service and ambiance (and company) made it worth while.

• Visited February 2011