“Will be back when in Montreal”

Ye Olde Orchard Pub & Grill
Ranked #1,029 of 5,944 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Indian, Irish, British, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Cool Irish/English pub in Montreal. I had the fish/chips. The fries were real potatoes deep fried in hot oil...no seasonings, funny shapes, etc...just real potatoes and hot oil. Partner had steak & mushroom pie which he really enjoyed. Atmosphere was a typical bar, bartender was cool, and patrons friendly.
Will return to this bar when back in Montreal.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a very nice sole and salad dish (a Friday special) here. We sat on the patio, which was great. Friendly service, too. A pleasant lunch :)

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Food is typical pub grub and pretty good.
We found the service a bit slow.
My PUB salad was very good.
I would return here.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Went to have lunch on Saturday. Were given full menus but then were told that we could not order from them until after 2 p.m. Perhaps the dinner menu is better than the lunch, but our sandwiches were very plain (smoked turkey and beef sandwich) and the sides were awful. The onion rings (which were extra) were wet, flavourless, under cooked, and overly battered. The sweet potato fries were a bit better, but were also soggy. The waitress was nice and did not charge us for the sides and offered us something different, but at that point we were not too interested. I really wanted to like this place but I don't think we'll be going back.

1  Thank H M
natdev84, Front Office Manager at Ye Olde Orchard Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

HM,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We generally get rave reviews about our food; come back when you can try our full menu! Our capon wings, fish and chips and curries are not to be missed. Next time you are in town contact us via facebook or our website and I would be happy to take care of your meal personally.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Went there with another couple on a Saturday night with reservations. After a short wait we were seated on two tables which had been quickly pushed together to make one. The difference in height was about 1 1/2 inches, but we did manage...it took about 20 minutes before the waiter came back to take our order and another 25 minutes before we were served. All our dishes were pretty good and well presented. It did get very noisy after a while and pretty hard to have a conversation. We had decided to try this place because I could no longer take the noise level at the Monkland Tavern, but it turns out to be very similar.
All in all, I would have to say that it was just ok; the food was good, service a bit slow, atmosphere ok, prices are reasonable for what you get and it's probably a great spot for watching a game, but I doubt that I'll be back.
There are many other places to choose from in the immediate area.