“Much better elsewhere”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Montreal has its share of middle eastern eatery. Most of them are excellent. This is not the case of this one. Portions are small, prices are high, cooking is so-so and mostly, service is rude and unfriendly.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This Amir as are most of the Amirs that i've had in Montreal is very very average. The restaurant has little ambience and the food mediocre.I usually have the falafel and it's never fresh and always bland so i add tons of spice.

Their main benefit is that they tend to be open when all the other restaurants are closed. They are also conveniently located throughout the city.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

was happy to see st-sauveur had an amir, was very disappointed in the food, chicken and meat was cold, no flavor, patatoes seemed to be days old, rice not cooked also old, hummus really awful, was sivck to my stomach an hour after eating there, should close that one down, staff had to yell across the place to find someone to take our order, really just a nasty place, DO NOT GO THERE!!!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Normally I go to the Amir in Saint Jerome and it is totally fresh and delish. A new Amir opened up in Saint Sauveur, and I decided to try it with my kids last week for dinner. First of all, there is very little on the menu that is good for little kids, but they did have a tomato ravioli soup. I asked for two of those for my two kids, and was told that they had only one left. I asked them to split it into two bowls, and then I placed an order for French fries, not too healthy but since there was not much for kids on the menu I figured it would fill them up and it would be a special treat. As I was waiting for the fries the man working behind the counter swore that if I ordered the chicken and rice dish my kids would love it. It would add another $10 to my order, but I took his advice. One of my kids ate it but it was a real struggle with the other one. As I was encouraging her to take more bites of her food, the man came and swiped away her plate without asking me if she was finished, obliterating any chance of her completing her meal and giving her an easy excuse not to eat. I ordered the Vegetarian Platter for myself. The falafels had obviously been cooked many hours before. They did not warm them up, and the exteriors were like rocks. After dinner since I was concerned about my kids having a reasonably healthy meal I ordered smoothies from their partner restaurant, Cafe Depot, in the same space. The smoothies were totally chemical-tasting, horrible. I ended up dropping $50 in a fast food place, which to me is outrageous. I think I will stick with the Saint Jerome or Montreal Amirs, thank you.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Well, I'll start by saying that I got the veggie platter. 2 salads and the artichoke hearts w/ mushroom. The taboulli salad was decent enough but in the other salad the tomatoes were mushy and not fresh. The staff was friendly at first but I had much of an aversion to the taste of the artichoke dish and when I asked to change it they refused. Eh, I don't know...I'm all about fresh food even when it's fast but I have o say the people there seemed to be enjoying their dish very much.