“Bustling for breakfast”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I opted to try out B&M when our preferred vegetarian restaurant down the block was too busy to take us in. Upon opening the door, we were greeted to a wall of noise - the restaurant was packed with everyone from families enjoying a laid-back breakfast to ladies and gents in full business attire.

We were quickly seated, and fumbled through the French-only menus we were provided. There are plenty of options to choose from, and our waiter seamlessly took our order in English. My vegetarian omelet was perfectly cooked and packed with veg (plus, no cheese! hooray!), and my husband dove into his "American-style crepes" (pancakes) with fervor.

The dishes here lean toward the HUGE side. Diet Coke drinkers, unfortunately, are treated to a small bottle serving of soda, which you'll have to nurse through your meal, as the waiters are generally too busy for timely refills.

I can't recommend this place over other neighborhood finds, but the food was decent and the crowd of people suggests it's not a bad pick.

1  Thank Qlever

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I live in the neighbourhood and decided to give b&m a shot. Bad idea. The breakfast plates, though abundant, are terribly bland. The baguette on offer is akin to a hot dog bun. A shame when you think of the bakeries in the area. The coffee was just hot sludge. I could do with a quiet and reliable meat and potatoes diner-type place around (you pay a dollar less for kraft cheese on your omelets... Just to give you an idea of the type of cuisine)... But b&m hides under the luster of a "hip" décor and seems to attract hordes of people. We waited a quarter of an hour only to be seated by the door and be hit by a mother and stroller combo every two minutes. Do yourself a favour and skip this joint, at least on the weekend.

1  Thank Catherine P
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Well, you can't fault them for trying. From bagels to egg benedict, crepes and pancakes, you would be hard press to find such a variety anywhere else. Friendly staff. Not the Ritz, but again, prices are quite acceptable.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had the one egg with potatoes and fruit/bagel...what a deal...dollar coffee,viateur bagels,fresh fruit...very friendly service. With wifi:-) ...great start to the day!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This morning I had eggs Benedict with smoked salmon, asparagus, spinach within two hours it made sick, and I threw it all up. :(