“Fair value pasta”

Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fair value pasta”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

My wife and I ate here while our daughters hung out back in the hotel rom. Nice atmosphere and the pasta was very good. The atmosphere is casual, which is just what we wanted after eating expensive dinners the other nights out. Plenty of food, and plenty of choices from red sauce to Alfredo with almost any combination of ingredients (meat, veggies, spices, cheeses etc). Strongly recommended if you want inexpensive, relatively quick Italian dinner. And it was right near out hotel (Embassy Suites)

boston
“Great restaurant!”
Reviewed May 25, 2009

I am a mom with picky twin boys. It is so hard to find places they will eat at. When our family went to Montreal on vacation, I thought it would be even harder to find food for the boys. But, when we found La Popessa, I was so happy. The cozy restaurant had simple options for my boys and more exotic dishes like pesto pasta and pasta puttanesca with chicken, garlic. There was spinach and tomato linguini for my husband and I and angel hair for the twins. The food was really delicious and the prices were GREAT! My husband and I didnt want to spend a lot on vacation meals and the prices at La Popessa are very cheap. It is around $4 for a dish of angel hair with tomato sauce on the side and around $5.50-$7 for a dish of pasta with pesto or something a little more complex. Great place to eat!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“do not have the house wine! it's undrinkable. the pasta is ok, they have a good choice of pasta, the ambiance is...”
Reviewed February 2, 2008

do not have the house wine! it's undrinkable. the pasta is ok, they have a good choice of pasta, the ambiance is ordinary, but the terrasse is nice.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Every fast food should be like that, it's a must go, you will go back and back and back and...”
Reviewed January 31, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Delicious !!!! mouth watering and afordable”
Reviewed January 7, 2008

Delicious !!!! mouth watering and afordable