“It was OK”

Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I ate here with my husband and son, lunchtime on a weekday. To say it was busy would be an understatement! There were at least 20 poeple lined up ahead of us, but the line did move fairly quickly. I had pasta carbonera, my son had spaghetti with meat sauce and my husband had the special, which was penne with tomato sauce and meatballs. It tasted OK, nothing to rave about and I probably wouldn't rush back there. My biggest complaint would be the temperature of the food. Barely warm. This was probably a function of trying to move people through quickly so might be better if it weren't as busy. There was a lot of selection of pastas and sauces, so certainly could accomodate many different tastes and it was reasonably priced.

Reviewed March 7, 2011

My wife and I ate here while our daughters hung out back in the hotel rom. Nice atmosphere and the pasta was very good. The atmosphere is casual, which is just what we wanted after eating expensive dinners the other nights out. Plenty of food, and plenty of choices from red sauce to Alfredo with almost any combination of ingredients (meat, veggies, spices, cheeses etc). Strongly recommended if you want inexpensive, relatively quick Italian dinner. And it was right near out hotel (Embassy Suites)

Reviewed May 25, 2009

I am a mom with picky twin boys. It is so hard to find places they will eat at. When our family went to Montreal on vacation, I thought it would be even harder to find food for the boys. But, when we found La Popessa, I was so happy. The cozy restaurant had simple options for my boys and more exotic dishes like pesto pasta and pasta puttanesca with chicken, garlic. There was spinach and tomato linguini for my husband and I and angel hair for the twins. The food was really delicious and the prices were GREAT! My husband and I didnt want to spend a lot on vacation meals and the prices at La Popessa are very cheap. It is around $4 for a dish of angel hair with tomato sauce on the side and around $5.50-$7 for a dish of pasta with pesto or something a little more complex. Great place to eat!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 2, 2008

do not have the house wine! it's undrinkable. the pasta is ok, they have a good choice of pasta, the ambiance is ordinary, but the terrasse is nice.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 31, 2008

Every fast food should be like that, it's a must go, you will go back and back and back and...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook