“Excellent food!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Excellent food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Friends and I have been coming here for 20 years and together, we have tried most of the items on the menu - and unbelievably, every plate has been delicious!

The soups are to die for and they serve a piping hot bun with every meal. The meals are always served hot and quantities are generous. Service has always been prompt, which is usually the case in a family owned resto.

Prices, which used to be $$ are now $$$. There was one time when I had figured out the tip in my head and, by mistake added only 11% to the bill. The young waiter came charging up to my table and asked me if something was wrong with the meal or the service!

I've been a regular client for years and always leave a 15% tip, he should have let it pass, as nobody likes to be challenged in front of their guests for such a trivial miscalculation. And it was definitely a challenge, his pushy attitude and voice made that clear. So beware the tip!

That one solitary run-in has not prevented me from returning, the food is still the best!

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank Ray47

“Good Peruvian Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Very Good and authentic Peruvian Cuisine at reasonable price. Generous portion. You can and share. Good and very welcome service. There is INCA COLA too.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank DangMontreal
Burlington, Vermont
“Nice meal....Tons of food!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

I was looking forward to trying Peruvian food, although I had no idea what that meant. I tried the Inca Cola which was interesting but a little too sweet for my taste. My partner and I shared a seafood platter and we were barely able to finish it between the two of us. Plan on doggie bags or save money and buy one entree to share. While the food was great it seemed like any other deep-fried seafood platter that I could have gotten anywhere else. I would like to go back and try another dish that is a more authentic Peruvian cuisine.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank RockingGiraffe
“Service? What service?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Me & my girlfriend wanted to eat some ethnic food that Saturday evening, around 9PM, and found this Peruvian restaurant 10 minutes away from where we live in LaSalle. At first, the place was very noisy with lots of children, whose parents didn't seem to care at all that they were running, yelling & disturbing people in the place. We told ourselves that they were probably gonna leave soon enough, so, we entered and quickly were seated. Place was three-quarter full, and around 30 people can be seated.

There were 3 waiters, and they always seemed to be running, even though they didn't seem to be that busy... The waiter brought us 2 glass of water and some bread. It took them around 10 minutes to take our orders. My girlfriend ordered a "Ceviche Mixto", which consists of cold fish marinated in lemon juice, and I ordered a Peruvian plate with beef (Sorry, don't remember the name!), as well as a Inka Cola. The waiter brought us our plates, around 10 minutes later. Both plates tasted good, but I never got my Cola. The waiter NEVER came back to ask us if everything was OK, not even refilled our water glasses, and we were very thirsty. He simply didn't look at us at all for the rest of our meal. We had to wait several minutes, when we were done eating, before he came to our table and take the plates away, asking if we wanted some dessert. At least, the bill was OK, no Cola charged. The place in itself is loud & small, which amplifies every sound, and the service is very bad. Food was OK, but don't expect good service there, I personnally won't go back there.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Steff68
“Excellent value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2010

I love Villa Wellington. All of the seafood dishes are amazing (the rest... meh, not so much). Go for the parihuela (seafood soup), ceviche and jalea (fried seadfood). heavenly! I went with a big group recently and we ate a ridiculous amount, and when the bill was divided up it came to $12 each (no drinks or tip). Amazing!