“Super Good Value Very Fresh”
Review of Mon Shing

Mon Shing
Ranked #1,512 of 5,723 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Montreal, Canada
“Super Good Value Very Fresh”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I always come for lunch because I love the no 7; beef chowmein.

For $$5.95 or $6.95 you get: a pot of tea, a soup, a bowl of rice, a veggie spring roll, the beef chowmein (crispy noodles) and a fortune cookie.

Now I still don't understand why they serve a bowl of rice with a big plate of noodles....

The beef is melt in your mouth tender, the veggies are crisp and delicious and so are the noodles.

I have been to this restaurant more than a 100 times and the food has never disappointed me.

Now sometimes the service is kind of scary and the bathroom seems a million miles away in a dingy corridor....

But the last time I was there on December 19 2013, the service was not only friendly but my waiter spoke french!

I will be back next chance I get and order a no 7!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Missvonlipi

Montreal, Canada
“Tasty meal, good service”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We were four friends sharing four dishes at Mon Shing: Chinese broccoli with mushrooms, veggies and chow mein, sesame chicken and tofu with veggies. The food was nicely prepared and the portions were good for sharing. The chicken was served several minutes before the rest of the dishes, which bothered one of us. Our waiter, Biao, was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the complimentary sweet orange slices & fortune cookies at the closing of our meal. Reasonable prices. Large round tables with turntable, well-suited for groups who wish to share and talk comfortably.

• Visited December 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Adequate”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Lunch started with choice of soup. It came with a small spring roll and white rice. The prices were very reasonable. However, some entrees were mostly noodles and very little meat. Service was poor. The waitress acted as if she was doing us a favor by waiting on us. This was recommended by the tour guide. I do not recommend it. There are many others to choose from.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank RBeam
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“Very good Asian food”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Chinese food is one of my favourites. This is just on your right on Rue de la Gaucheteriere, only a few steps into China Town.
The restaurant had a lot room and was not overly crowded.
I was there with my dear wife. We enjoyed a Chef Special combo A.
This was made up of 5 or 6 dishes including dim sum shrimp pork, wonton chop suey soup, shrimp and pork fried rice, General Kung Pao (or something like that :)) chicken, and a shrimp vegetable dish.
Although quite hungry we were unable to finish the meal and had to pack up a large container to gratefully take home.
The service was very good.
Bottom line, definitely a place i would recommend to my fellow travellers.

• Visited September 2013
montreal
“poor general tao for lunch”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Hot & sour soup offers little more than hot flakes and sour taste (**), egg roll is oozing with cooking oil and served without sauce (*), the sauce for the General Tao is very good (****) but the chicken is almost non existing (**); service is below average and price as well. Will not go back.

• Visited May 2013