“Great food - 27 Aug 2013”
Review of Aux Cinq Parfums

Aux Cinq Parfums
Ranked #2,838 of 5,976 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We went for our anniversary to aux Cinq Parfums restaurant on a tuesday evening - there was just us .I was somewhat skeptical since i read many good reviews about the place before coming . Turns out we were not disappointed , the waiter was very nice (a bit shy but very polite) and the food was great .

We took the Vietnamese Combo for 2 : Soupe Tonkinoise au poulet (for starter), quatre rouleau de printemps au boeuf , crevettes grillées, Poulet au Satay , Légumes sautés et Riz a la vapeur.

The food was delicious apart maybe from the Vegetables plate (Légumes sautés) which was ok.

The quantities for 2 persons were more like for 3.

The only thing which would need attention is some plates were chipped . Besides that Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I thought that most Vietnamese or Thai people must know how to cook rice, especially if you are working as a chef in an Asian restaurant. Unfortunately this is not the case at Au 5 Parfums, my steamed rice is half cooked and hard to chew. What a shame!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

If you want good thai, that's the place to go! Everything is good! I suggest the spring rolls which have mango and mint in it (I forgot the name), they're delicious! I've never been let down by anything on the menu, be it pad thaï, general tao, chicken, beef, etc. Don't forget to print the coupon on restomonreal for a 10% discount!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

All their dishes are fresh and have a great taste. BYOW is a bonus.

Reviewed July 11, 2010

For a second time in 2 months I had diner with my wife at this remote chinese restaurant. For a second time I was impressed by the quality of the food (fresh), the flavors and "just the right touch" of spices. We would highly recommend the following dishes: #101(chicken),103 (ravioli) and 600 (shrimps) as they are "out of this world"!
The place is small and rarely crowded but what a gem for : A) Food , B) Service with special cudos to Leslie for kindness and excellent suggestions C) Price (i.e. for 5 different dishes, bottle of wine, tax, service for 2 for less than 100 dollars!)
Don't miss it if in Montreal and you're looking for good food in a quiet environment and welcoming restaurant staff!