“Unique and tasty”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Reviewed September 3, 2014

I visited on Labor Day, for dinner. First time for Salvadoran food, and it was very tasty!! Not fancy food, but yummy for sure. The restaurant has a nice family friendly atmosphere. The night we visited, service was very slow, but I got the impression this was exceptional. The place was just packed, and the manager apologized honestly and profusely at the end of the night...seemed like they just weren't prepared for the Labor day rush. This wouldn't stop me from trying La Carreta again, I think I could develop a real craving for the pupusa and coleslaw! Note that there's no air con, so in the summer, you should dress accordingly :-)

1  Thank NDGTraveller

Reviewed August 20, 2014

La Carreta does the best Pupusas I have ever tasted. Good service and very affordable food. You should taste the orchatta drink...the best!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We've been coming to La Carreta since we went to El Salvador four years ago. Been to El Salvador three times since then, and well the pupusa's here are the best. The service, the environment every thing is bueno!. When we come to MTL this is our lunch stop. Muchas Grasias!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've eaten there quite a few times since moving to the neighbouhood. Food is always delicious and service always fast and courteous. Pupusas and maniocs are so good, I crave them often!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

If you're Hispanic or not and happen to crave some Central American cuisine this is the place to be. The dishes are more than just affordable but most importantly tasty! I visit this restaurant with my family and friends on a regular basis and also happen to crave it. Great drinks and high quality food suppliers, it tastes quality. I've visited many others in the city and no one makes the cut like Carreta does!