“Delicious, delicious, delicious !!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of La Carreta

La Carreta
Ranked #1,184 of 5,820 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Salvadoran
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Montreal, Canada
“Delicious, delicious, delicious !!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I just love going for some yummy authentic latin food at La Carreta. This place serves excellent food, fresh, tasty, well presented and well priced.

The food is so delicious that in July, I celebrated my 2 yr. old son's birthday at La Carreta. We were 21 people and everyone enjoyed the food. My aunt from England was with us and she loved the ARROZ A LA PLANCHA which is a dish of rice with chicken and shrimp. She loved it.

We ordered fried chicken, grilled steak, pork with yuca, tacos, burritos, fajitas, guacamoles and their excellenr home-made sangria.

I must admit: everything was excellent including the service!!!!

I can't wait to go back and recommend it to anyone !!!!!!

Located in Little Italy on St-Zotique corner Drolet. 514-273-8884. Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Great for brunch”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We found this place listed on Yelp. Its on the outskirts of Old Montreal so could be a bit of a walk depending on where you are staying. The menu has some very original dishes. The weather was great so we ate outside and avoided the noise and crowd inside.

Visited July 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Always and always delicious salvadorian food !!!!!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Once again I must reiterate my affection for the food served at La Carreta. I must admit that I'm addicted to their yummy pupusas de queso or revueltas. Not to mention their enchiladas de carne, their burro Carreta and their delicious sopa de mariscos (soup).

What else can I say: ''I love La Carreta''.... ;)))

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank lou n
Montreal, Canada
“Delicious and fresh salvadorian food!!!!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Once again, I have a need to write about La Carreta. I'm hooked on this restaurant/pupuseria. The food is heavenly, fresh and yummy. I went with a friend. we ordered a few things: 1-Yucca frita con chicharron 2-Enchilada de carne 3-Guacamole salad 4-Burro de pavo. We had to have a churro and a latte. For drinks, we had half a pitcher of homemade Sangria. I must say, we loved everything once again. I'm a regular and will be for a long time. Viva La Carreta !!!!!

• Visited December 2012
Montreal
“REHEATED FOOD AND FOUND A GUM INTO THE SALAD...NASTY”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Was the third time i ate pupusas i went to Los Planes restaurant on belanger street was delicious, but my friend invite me to go to La carreta the place was ok but i wait 35 min to have 2 pupusas and the tamal was disgusting i went to the bar and told the bartender who seems to be the owner,
and he told me "if you dont like, dont eat it" and he turn away...
My friend told me that the owner is always unpleasant, so all i decide to eat my pupusas and i found in the salad a gum that was the worst......disgusting

conclusion not recommend this place for pupusas....you better go to Los Planes restaurant if you want the real taste of salvadorian food.

• Visited July 2012