“Classic food, warm atmosphere, great staff”
Review of Pasta Casareccia

Pasta Casareccia
Ranked #1,100 of 6,036 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace
Description: Magasin ouvre a 11h Restaurant ouvre a midi Boutique opens daily at 11 am Restaurant opens daily at noon
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My friend took me to Pasta Casareccia as a birthday present last November, and we really enjoyed our meal. The food was classic homemade Italian and the wine was quite affordable. I had a great blue cheese pasta, the starters were simple but delicious (garlic bread and nice homemade soup). I would definitely go back - it's not cheap, but it's not overpriced; just probably somewhere to go for a nice evening out rather than a quick bite.

The service was very friendly and skilled, and the atmosphere was warm and relaxed. There was a good mix of people and it was neither too noisy nor too quiet - just right.

1  Thank Silver_Sliver

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We came here for an early lunch and had the place to ourselves, save for one other diner. There is a small lunch menu, with a simple green salad & balsamic dressing accompanying most dishes. I almost ordered the tortellini soup ($8.50), but went with the panini polpette (meatball sandwich) ($11.50), while husband had the panini vitello parmigiano (veal parmesan sandwich) ($12.95). Both dishes had been baked with their amazing tomato sauce. This is sauce so good, you have to say Mmmm out loud. I asked for, and got, a separate bowl of this special sauce, which I devoured with my yummy meatballs. So good. Coffee was $1.50 and excellent. Excellent server, nice ambiance. Parking on Sherbrooke Street is metered: try parking on a side street for free.
A summertime lunch on their terrasse is great (1st visit, last summer), but I didn't like their back room (2nd visit, for a birthday crowd, in October), as I found it too box-like, utilitarian, zero ambiance, noisy, no air.

2  Thank likewyse
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a place I regularly pickup italian diners. The price is up there but so is the quality. I like the homemade sausages, the stuffed mushrooms for starters. Main meals I get the truffle cream sauce with mushrooms. Lots of choices in terms of fresh paste and many sauces. Try it out for a special occasion.

1  Thank Nicq
Reviewed December 20, 2012

As an Italian living in Montreal, I have been disappointed by my Italian restaurant experiences in this city, until I went to Pasta Casareccia. Their fresh pastas are delicious and perfectly cooked (unlike another comment who found it undercooked and chewy, pasta is supposed to be al dente!). Also, another comment says "what kind of Italian restaurant serves powder parmigiano instead of freshly grating it": have you ever been to Italy? That is fairly standard procedure. Having said all that, it is quite pricey, but I am willing to pay ($18-$20) for a good plate of pasta. Friendly waiters and good service.

3  Thank IloveSicily
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We ( 12 of us) had and great dining experience! All of us had different pasta dishes and one of us had the eggplant parmiggina, we all tasted each others dish and they were all very good! Sal our waiter did a good job and Mauro was awesome, he treated us like familigia! Overall great dining experience and good homemade Italian food and hospitality. I would recommend this resturaunt to my friends and family! Well done...outstanding.

2  Thank Leonardo D