“Great Place”

Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Toronto, Canada
“Great Place”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We found this little place on google, as we were looking for a good place to have brunch.
My daughters and I loved it, the coffee was great. crepes, salads were all excellent, the service was also good. we will be happy to recommend this place, and would definetly go back

• Visited April 2014

Vancouver, Canada
“Healthy Breakfast”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

One of the best breakfast I've ever had. I found this restaurant in old Montreal. They serve coffee in a bowl and the breakfast is very healthy and delicious and you have lots of great choices.My husband and I were in Montreal for business for a few days and we went there twice and we really enjoyed every time. The atmosphere is rustic and warm.I liked everything about this place.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Atoussa
Toronto
“Solid brunch spot”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Went for brunch on a Sunday! The line up was long, but surprisingly it moved quite quickly and our group of 4 only had to wait 30 minutes to be seated. The space is actually a lot bigger than I thought it would be based on the outside facade, though the tables inside are close together.

Had the Brunch Toscan. It was tasty. Unfortunately our waiter forgot our coffee, otherwise the service was good.

Also liked that there was a little shop/market inside.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Anita49
Hartford, Vermont, USA
“A surprise inside”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Really cute place on a so-so block. Within easy walking distance of many of the old montreal hotels. We got there at just the right time and didn't have to wait for a table. Tables are packed very close together. I was bumped repeatedly by servers and people walking into/out of the place. Menu was a little confusing to me so I ended up with 2 minute eggs --and it took me awhile to realize the 2nd egg was hiding under the cup. No one really came to check in and see how we were doing during the meal. My husband had scrambled eggs with asparagus which were good but not exceptional. The hot brunches in little pans looked more appealing, but were more than we wanted. The front of the restaurant offers food to go and lots of chocolates. The lattes were ridiculously good- not sure what the secret was, but that was the highlight of this place. Given the chance, I'm not sure I'd go back. On sunday we saw that the line was out the door. I would have been disappointed if I waited for this meal.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Npapaya75
Burlington, Vermont
“Will be back”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Le Cartet is from the street is an unassuming place. Thanks to a bit of research on Trip Advisor we decided to have an early lunch there. The place just feels right. It is funky and warm. It very much feels like a place for locals. The food was very solid and the server was great. There is a little shop in the front to get take out foods and specialty foods. We will certainly be back.

Visited January 2014