“weekend brunch”

Le Cartet
Ranked #50 of 5,710 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Canada
“weekend brunch”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

not your typical brunch,but you can order some very creative items off the menu.there is a fine selection of grocery type items to take with you after.service is prompt despite the place being packed.servers and kitchen staff all keep their cool.this place has been running for years and shows no signs of slowing down

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing place!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Love the food and the ambiance. It's very Anglo Montreal. Service ok, food is great and the beat is very trendy.

The line ups can be long, so be prepared.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“My kind of place...”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Trendy breakfast in Montreal. Good choice of food from sweet to savory, for the bon viveur & for the health nut! Or for people like me who are a mixture of both. Good coffee, I mean that...I am not a fan of having a mug of coffee in hand half of the day. Like everything else I want it if it's worth having! This is my kind of place to start the day as a tourist;) You can also shop for a couple of treats on the way out!

Reston, Virginia
“Excellent little breakfast bistro”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

All I can say is wow. The absolute perfect bistro for breakfast in Montreal. We showed up at 9am on Sunday and were seated immediately at a table for 2. You can also sit at communal tables with other people which I think is great except we were slightly hungover that early in the morning to be communicating with others. The service was the best and our waiter could not have been nicer or more attentive than he was. The food was excellent as was the ambience. A nice bonus to the experience is that they have a wonderful market in the restaurant that you can pick up French mustard or wonderful chocolates, pastas or beautiful olive oils.

Rahway, New Jersey
“Absolutely loved the brunch”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Thanks, Trip Advisor! I was very happy we found this place. We visited Le Cartet on a Sunday morning around 9:30 AM. There was just a short line at this hour and we waited about 10 minutes. I had the Brunch Sante and my fiance had the Brunch Toscan. We also ordered cafe au lait (the bowl size, of course), mimosas, and an almond croissant. The croissant was to die for, warm and full of almond paste. My brunch was amazing. I loved every bit (I would say my favorite was the goat cheese pesto) and was sad when I was too full to finish. My fiance was not as amazed with his; he liked it but said the sauce on the eggs was a little too thick and bland.

Service was friendly but harried as the place was full. But we didn't feel that we were kept waiting at all; everything arrived in a reasonable amount of time.

When we left, the line was out the door and down the stairs, so definitely go early!

• Visited August 2013