“Great Brunch Menu”

Le Cartet
Ranked #50 of 5,710 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Great Brunch Menu”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We did a lot of research trying to find a good place for breakfast/lunch early on a Sunday Morning. Le Cartet opens at 9am on Sunday, one of only a few places actually open at that time of morning in Montreal.

My wife ordered the Crepe brunch plate and i ordered the egg, sausage, ham, bacon, duck fat home fries and baked beans (this comes in a skillet). The brunch comes with Orange juice that i'm pretty sure was fresh squeezed. Everything we had was just perfect.

Being from NY we're really used to nice hole-in-the-wall diner spots to grab a good breakfast in the morning. This was the one thing we struggled with in Montreal, I don't think they really eat breakfast in Montreal :) So If you're visiting make sure you keep this place in your back pocket for a great breakfast, I highly recommend it. Oh, as an FYI, when we were leaving there was a huge line to get in this place, so I'd try to get there early.

• Visited April 2013

Ct
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Brunch”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

A definite must for brunch. A hearty amount of food and a variety of choices. The restaurant is large and it didn't seem like customers were waiting that long to be seated, we waited about 10 min. Service was very good and staff were friendly. Restaurant is in a great location because you will need to go for a long walk after to burn off all the calories you added. It is loud also.

Visited April 2013
Ontario
“Very huge but delicious breakfast!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We decided to go to Le Cartet on the recommendation of a local, who said that they had some of the best breakfast selections. We were aware of the fact that no reservations were accepted, and seeing that it was a Saturday, we decided to still try our luck anyway, and luckily, we actually found seating for 5 fairly quickly. Before that, my girlfriend and I were admiring all the different selections of chocolate they had available.
I chose the salmon breakfast that had scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, a salmon cake, bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese, salad, fruit skewer, orange juice, and coffee - great combination with lots of variety, and it was delicious. My husband got the meat skillet that had bacon, ham, homemade sausage (extremely flavourful), eggs, baked beans, toast, fruit skewer, orange juice and coffee. My girlfriend got a ham croissant, scrambled eggs, salmon cake, cheese, salad, fruit skewer, orange juice and coffee. Their main dishes actually come with this much variety and they taste fantastic. The ambiance is great too (kind of like cafeteria style) and they also let to take a coffee to go - very good illy coffee too. Definitely a place you need to go in Montreal!

• Visited March 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Delicious brunch!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Le Cartet offers generous and good breakfasts in a convivial atmosphere. I had a mimosa and chose the Atlantic brunch (scrambled eggs and salmon, half a bagel and smoked salmon, fresh salad, fruit and a salmon galette), Yummy! my bowl of latte wasn't hot enough though Be there before 11h for there will be a queue for sure! Nice setting: high ceiling, white walls and dark wooden long tables to share or little tables for 2-4 people. It reminded me of some place in upper Manhattan in NYC. A little noisy but diligent and friendly service. Even though it was very crowded, the server let us chit chat without rushing us to pay, which was appreciated. A very nice discovery in Old Montreal. Will return for sure. Owners offers also take-out for lunch, if you don't feel like cooking or need a quick lunch.

• Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Has always been one of my favs”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I used to live in Montreal and loved Le Cartet for several reasons. Very friendly staff, awesome "wall of chocolate", awesome no sugar muffins, delicious breakfast. This time I tried the oatmeal on a cold day and it was perfect.

Visited March 2013