“Perfect Indian food at the right price”
Review of Bombay Mahal

Bombay Mahal
Ranked #475 of 5,712 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Villeray-Saint-Michel-Parc-Extension
Montreal, Canada
“Perfect Indian food at the right price”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We let the waiter tell us what to order, and we had the most perfect meal! Accompanied by some mango lassies and the wine we were allowed to bring in ourselves, we had a delicious time! I recommend the palak or chili paneer, butter chicken, some spicy lamb, chicken tikki, and vegetables with rice. Mmmmm

• Visited August 2013

Montreal, Canada
“one of my favorites”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I try others but keep coming back to Bombay Mahal. The food and prices are great. The service could be a tad better, but I have no complaints. It's a bring your own wine so more savings! The kormas are, delicious and creamy. The butter chicken is flavorful as is all the food. We love the chana samosa and the onion bhaji. What I appreciate is that each dish has it's own character and all are delicious. You can tell all the ingredients are good quality.

• Visited June 2013
San Francisco, California
“Superb Indian food at a great price.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Based on a friends recommendation we had dinner here while visiting Montréal. It's a bit out-of-the-way although easily accessible by metro. The food was delicious with great portions. It's obviously a neighborhood favorite.

Visited July 2013
London, Canada
“Excellent taste and value”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This apportez-votre-vin restaurant has the perfect balance of great-tasting food for an affordable price. The service is fast and friendly, many waiters and the owner recognize myself and my partner when we go. I have tried many things on the menu and have loved everything. My favorite is probably the lamb korma. I agree with other reviews that this place is always full and is very noisy, but that's fine; if you are like me, you prefer to pay for the food and service and not for the atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
Gurgaon, India
“Average.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The food was very average, the service slow, washrooms unclean. It was quite reasonably priced though. Nothing to write home about.

Visited March 2013