“Must visit”

Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Fairmount Bagels are hyped by nearly everyone in Montreal. Usually when something is over-hyped it is a disappointment. Not here. These bagels are the bomb. Fresh, amazing, unique, you have to try these if you are in town you will love them. I usually start eating them plain right out of the bag, fresh from the oven, yum yum.

• Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
“Best Bagels in Montreal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Every time my family and I are in the area, we cannot help but stop at Fairmont. Bagels are extremely fresh and new ones are made directly behind the cashier. It is an EXTREMELY TINY store (as in only 5 people can fit lol) but that's what gives it its charm. Just be careful because last time I was there, they didn't take credit cards, so make sure you have cash on you!

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ah man!!!! Gimme those hot bagels any day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I buy a dozen and start chomping on them on my way out. Then I find a bench along the street and "we eat" our heart's delight. No need for cream cheese, these bagels are delicious!!!! I take all my visitors there for a sidewalk treat.

• Visited September 2012
Columbus Ohio
“A DAILY MORNING TREAT FOR ME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

hearing of this bagel shop and being said to be the best bagels in montreal i ventured on a 15 min walk to see for myself... A TRUE STAEMENT TO SAY THE LEAST i had the everything bagel ok they called it fully dressed. they bake oven wood bagels 24hrs a day and the assortment is wonderful. i would have to say it was probably the best bagel i have had, so much fairmount bagel was my first walk everyday of my 4 day visit to montreal and my last purchase to bring home on my return home

• Visited April 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Good things don't change”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've always preferred Fairmount to other bagel places in Montreal. This is not to say that the other places are bad, I just prefer Fairmount. When I lived close by I would frequent the shop at least once a week, whether to get a bagel or several. I bring my sister a bag when I visit her in Toronto and they'll be gone in a couple of days. It freezes well and overall consistent in the texture and taste, it really hasn't changed over the years which is a good thing. I like it very much.

Visited February 2013