“Great dinner outside”
Review of Otto Ristorante - CLOSED

Otto Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Quartier International
Cross street: St. Antoine
Description: Ristorante OTTO is a modern Italian restaurant emphasizing in local market fresh produce. The wine list, which comprises excellent selections from Italy and California, offers the connoisseur a complete dining experience. Whether it be for breakfast, lunch or dinner, Otto's menu offers innovative choices for clients looking for a world-class experience.
“Great dinner outside”
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

We are here while staying at the W. Tge inside of the restaurant, like the W, is very trendy with deep red and black decor. The outdoor seating is secluded with an overhead awning and a wall of trimmed bushes. While it is secluded, guests can see outside and still feel immersed in the city. We ordered the veal meatballs and the Guinea fowl. Both were fantastic; very savory with unique. We ended up having some drinks and spending our night here. Our server was very nice and thoughtfully informed us that the guinea fowl would take a little longer. Then, despite the fair warning, we were presented a free desert tray as an apology for the delay. This was absolutely unneeded or unsolicited, but certainly made us feel appreciated.

Paris, Ile-de-France, France
“Pricey, poor food, bad service”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the W hotel (rooms are great) but the restaurant"Otto" is bad and too pricey.
At dinner, there were two young waitresses far from being professional (more summer jobs students), unfriendly and knowing absolutely nothing on wine despite a very expensive wine card. I was served an over matured bottle of red wine I had to send back (I have to say that I know wines pretty well); the waitress had no clue what I was talking about and made a face.
The food was quite fat and with no interest. Prices are too high.
Breakfast is even worse, with a poor buffet and an incompetent/unfriendly staff.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Volosimi
Toronto, Canada
“Most convenient when staying at the W.”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The Otto is a lovely restaurant and ideally located in the W Hotel. While, the food and service have been good when I have eaten there; there are so many other amazing restaurants in Old Montreal that I would select unless I as pressed for time and location.

• Visited May 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Bad Service, Mediocre Food, BUT Expensive”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

on a recent business trip, i decided to dine at Otto. I had previously dined here in November 2011 and enjoyed my food. I can say that the restaurant seems to have gone downhill fast. The service was poor with little attention to guests (mostly business travellers by observation). I did not care for the menu - too obscure. However, the crab cakes appetizer was delicous. I would not dine here again. Servers were not friendly - food too expensive for the quality. I understand that Otto is independent from the W Hotel...too bad that its dragging down the reputation of the W Hotel which has fabulous service and attention to guests.

• Visited February 2012
london
“pricey and no good service”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

staying at the W for the past week decided to try the restaurant service terrible and rude the girls preferred to chat and washed the wine glasses then looking after me food ok i had so much better food in Montreal for the past week and overpriced!!!!!!! $80 for one person for appetiser,main and a glass of wine!!!
no ambience never agin montreal has so much nicer and much better ration quality\price restaurants

• Visited February 2012