“It's not very often you get chicken and potatoes this good!”

Piri Piri Hochelaga
Ranked #1,719 of 6,716 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Portuguese
Neighborhood: Mercier-Hochelaga-Maisonneuve
Description: Inside the new modern concept of Portuguese cuisine, The Piri Piri Rotisseries offers quality and a dining experience for all the BBQ food lovers in Montréal Treat yourself with their grilled chickens and meats, their delicious tasty fries and home-made salads. Take out or eat here to savor their excellent meals in a warm and modern atmosphere. The first Portuguese Rotisseries in Montreal, Piri Piri offers fresh food on each plate, generous portions at reasonable prices. With Piri Piri, quality products, service, courtesy and cleanliness of its facilities are priority.
Reviewed June 21, 2018

In Montreal recently for the Formula One week-end we were in the Hochelaga neighborhood for the first time, our hosts left a few recommendations and Piri Piri was one of them. I don't have a good Portuguese chicken resto in my area so when I saw this was the specialty here at Piri Piri I knew I wanted to try it.

The menu is all en Francais so be sure to know what you're looking to order before you go in in case the server doesn't speak English very well. I knew the dishes I wanted and my travelling companion and I both had the chicken sandwich with potatoes. Service was quick, we ordered a small plate of wings too, nothing to drink as we were going out for beers after.

Damn, that deep red sauce on the bbq chicken, so damned good! And they're not stingy either, you get the perfect amount. Potatoes were cooked perfectly, with a nice amount of whatever that delicious Portuguese potato sauce is that tastes so good!. All the chicken is being cooked at the front of the restaurant in an open grille area with huge hoods so you can see all the smoke through the well-cleaned glass.

The restaurant is more like a deli counter type situation where you order and then get your food from the counter and clean up after yourself. The bathrooms were in a bit of a state but I think that was due more to a recent customer than negligence, otherwise the place was very clean and I felt very comfortable having my food there.

We were here on the Friday night but went back again on the Sunday to pick up some takeout even tho we had just finished dinner elsewhere, we were still a little hungry but moreso just wanted more of that blindingly good chicken and super soft, small, delicious roast potatoes.

Both meals were fantastic, I wouldn't hesitate next time I'm in Montreal to see if one of the Piri Piri locations is close by. Easy to reach from the metro too, Station Joliette.

Great value on the chicken!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed October 23, 2017

The food here was awesome! And employees were soooo nice! They gave the kids free drinks. Food was just amazing!!! it's like really good barbecue food at fast food speed!!! It was the first meal we had in Montreal and it really set a bar high for the rest of the trip!!! if food can be this good at a value restaurant, what should I expect at a nice one?!!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 4, 2017

Great chicken, great service, great price (especially with saving coupons) but poor place to eat there. Piri Piri deserves to be tasted, but take it out.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank jmlelievre
Reviewed April 24, 2017 via mobile

Nice chicken, quick and easy. My husband loves the spicy sauce. I would recommend for a quick bite. However a more fancier place would me the Blind pig

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed October 16, 2016

Small restaurant, mainly specializing in take outs. It's has a very basic sit down area where you can eat your food, but most people either take food to go. It's inexpensive for the value: chicken is always fresh and there's a variety of side dishes you could pick along. Family and group meals are also available. There are other grilled meats besides the chicken, but never tried these yet.

Date of visit: October 2016