“An experience to remember; because you cannot see”
Review of O.Noir Restaurant

O.Noir Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
O.Noir Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 6,004 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: Guy
Description: Onoir is the first restaurant in Canada that invites you to experience food, drinks and conversation like never before, IN THE DARK!
Reviewed August 14, 2014

My brothers and I ate at O.Noir, a restaurant totally in the dark. You order before you enter the blackened dinning area in a human chain one hand on the other's shoulders. it is amazing how many cues are visual. The food exceeded expectations. We laughed as we negotiated all the plates and glasses of wine. No one spilled. It was a memorable experience. One I recommend.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have to say that I was a big scared of eating in the complete darkness.

As soon as you walk in the people at the front desk are very nice and make you feel like you've stepped in to a real professional place. Not a wannabe restaurant like so many others in montreal...

I had the pleasure to have Gabriel as my waiter. A very nice, courteous and professional gentleman. He made us feel very secure and was very funny. I strongly suggest requesting Gabriel as your waiter if you want to have the best experience possible at Onoir. He is quick, nice and very patient. He dissipated my fear right away with his confidence and high level of professionalism.

The food was great. Not amazing but well up to par at that pricepoint. My calamari entre and shortrib dinners were very good. My wife had a tartar entrée and filet mignon main course. VERY GOOD!!! And the surprise desert in the complete dark was fun to guess and was very good as well.

Overall I would say that which waiter you get will make a good 50% of your experience. The food was great and the experience was once in a lifetime.

I have great souvenirs but no mental image of the evening (Since its in the complete dark)... its quite odd :-P. It was really relaxing to be in the dark like that.

Feel free to contact me should you have questions :-)

Will I go back?? Most definitely!!

1  Thank Yoann T
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I went without knowing much about it, except you ate your meal in the dark.
What I really didn't expect was the pitch black environment. Not just really dark, but pitch black. You cannot see anything.
Food was ok rather than special but the eating experience was interesting and actually very enjoyable
If you can adapt to the blackness it is quite relaxing despite being rather noisy. The waiting staff are very impressive
Would I go again yes. Would I go regularly no, but it is not that sort of resturant. Everyone should try it once though.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Tickle yourself and your guests and you won't even know it's you doing it. You are in total darkness - and I mean total. Can't even see your hand if touching your face let alone if it's 2 inches from it.
Give credit to the incredible wait staff who are visually impaired and live this everyday - except now you are the one that's impaired not them. Try to eat, try to see what's on your plate or where your water or wine glass are. Drop your napkin and you are using your shirt instead.
It's an amazing experience with very good food and excellent service. A unique place to try and I would certainly recommend people try it - but honestly don't wear your fanciest duds.
Michael was our waiter and he stood out as a shining light in a place immersed in darkness. Well done!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is not your typical restaurant experience, it is not about the food, the decor or getting dressed up. It's all about immersing yourself in a setting, one where you're limited to only 4 senses. I was a bit apprehensive about the experience before I'd done it, but we had a really great time and I highly recommend trying it.

Don't go for a gourmet meal. The food is good, but it's not the top food in Montreal. What you get out of the experience goes way beyond the food. It's an experiment in your other senses. My friends ordered the mystery dessert and were convinced that the fruit in it was peach, to find out afterwards it was strawberry.

It's definitely a memorable outing and one that you will encourage others to seek out.

1  Thank Jennifer B