“Experience a 5, food a 3 at best.”
Review of O.Noir Restaurant

O.Noir Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
O.Noir Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 6,033 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: Guy
Description: Onoir is the first restaurant in Canada that invites you to experience food, drinks and conversation like never before, IN THE DARK!
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Went here for the experience and was not disappointed. The lady in the 'reception area' was great at explaining what would happen, taking our order, and answering all our nervous questions. My companion had the 3 course dinner- calamari, shrimp, and fruit sorbet- the sorbet was the best part of the meal. I had the filet mignon, and chocolate mousse. I was disappointed with the quality of the food- potatoes with my steak were barely seasoned, steak was masqueraded in gravy, and the mousse was pre-frozen. Our waiter Fe was wonderful, and this would be a great date night activity to try at home I think, but money wasted on poor quality food.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My girlfriends and I are trying this restaurant out tomorrow... It sounds like a really neat concept.
We are so blessed with being able to smell, taste and see everything in front of us. I can't wait to experience eating without seeing what's in front of me. To be honest I was a little worried about not seeing and was told by a co-worker that if you need to go to the washroom someone will escort you there. I can't wait to feel this whole experience.

I will give you all an update this weekend....

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Brilliant concept. You are served good food in pitch darkness by blind waiters. A unique experience and also a chance to provide good jobs for the blind.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Eating in the total darkness is something you must tried at least once in your life. Completely different from all the other restaurant you've been to. The food is good but not great. It is a little more pricey than other restaurants but you pay for the experience !

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I've been wanting to try this restaurant for some time now so when a living social deal came along I snatched it right up. The experience/atmostphere of the restaurant is intense...I was very uncomfortable at first but got used to it while my bf really didn't enjoy any of it. Being in the pitch dark is quite different, you keep straining to see but obviously you can't so I had to tell myself to stop trying. Drinking & eating bread in the dark isn't so bad but when it gets to the main meal it gets a little tricky...we had to keep feeling everything with our hands which isn't the best type of eating experience as you can imagine. The food was average at best I had the crepe which was supposed to be duck & spinach but ended up being root vegetables & some type of skinny fries...my bf had steak which was cold in his opinion. I personally would never return but I enjoyed my experience!