“Nice surprise close to the RVH”
Review of Cafe Lola Rosa

Cafe Lola Rosa
Ranked #13 of 5,711 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Our Mission is to provide good vegetarian comfort food, tasteful and colorful with an very good service. We want non vegetarian to eat less meat to have an ecological impact on their health and earth.OMNIVORE CERTIFIED ADORED
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Nice surprise close to the RVH”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I went there Today for lunch with a friend.
I had walked a couple of times in front of it, but I didn't know what kind of restaurant it was.
My friend is a regular there, so he brought me there.
I had the quesadilla with sweet potato and avocado (avocados were an extra for 1.50$). On top of the quesadilla was a nice homemade tomato coulis.
It was amazing. It tasted fresh, real and homemade.
It was served with 2 sides : some sort of plain rice (never had this type of rice before, and it was not really to my taste...) and a green salad. It was a very satisfying meal and kept me satisfied until late afternoon, without feeling stuffed.

The restaurant is very nice. It feel comfortable and friendly. We are sitting tight, but in this kind of restaurant, this is how it has to be to really appreciate the experience. The waiters were very nice and friendly and service was excellent.

I really loved it. Looking forward to going back, especially that it's so close to work.

• Visited January 2014

“Delicious”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Delicious veggie food even for meat eaters. My fiancé and I visited during a couple of nights stay in Montreal.Whilst we wasn't enamoured by the city lola rosa was an exception.
The food is fresh, plentiful and presented fantastically. The atmosphere in the restaurant is busy and studenty. The tables are quite close together and so it can be quite difficult to converse without being listened to/ or listening to others. That's is the only down point.
Be sure to check out the drawers of the table and read the scripts from other dinners!

1 Thank Marley196
Helsinki, Finland
“Incredible veggie food”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This was one of the best vegetarian restaurants I have ever been to. Absolutely delicious and fresh food, and the place is in a very nice location. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. I recommend!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Emilia690
ottawa canada
“Fantastic”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Recommended. Food prepared fresh. The service was excellent and friendly. The place is nothing fancy almost student like. It's very near the McGill campus. Prices are very reasonable. I would back in a heartbeat. I had the curry which was very tasty. My wife had vegetable lasagna and my daughter tomatoe pie. Everyone loved their selections. It's a small place so there will be times when you will not get a table.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank canadian-eh777
Lectoure, France
“Wonderful and happy vegetarian food”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for the past four years whenever I visit my daughter who goes to McGill. I have never been disappointed. The atmosphere is cozy and warm -- a nice respite from the often frozen street--. The service is excellent and friendly. It is always open and always busy. The menu is eclectic and is the same for lunch and dinner. The food is fresh, healthy and delicious with hints of mexican, indian and good all-american cuisines. I have had the samosa, the quesadillas, the chili, the hemp burger and more.... Every day features a new soup, quiche and frittata. And the desserts are homemade and luscious. Love them all! Thank you Lola Rosa for doing such a great job.

• Visited November 2013