Review of Cafe Lola Rosa

Ranked #35 of 6,008 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Our Mission is to provide good vegetarian comfort food, tasteful and colorful with an very good service. We want non vegetarian to eat less meat to have an ecological impact on their health and earth.OMNIVORE CERTIFIED ADORED
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Delicious veggie food even for meat eaters. My fiancé and I visited during a couple of nights stay in Montreal.Whilst we wasn't enamoured by the city lola rosa was an exception.
The food is fresh, plentiful and presented fantastically. The atmosphere in the restaurant is busy and studenty. The tables are quite close together and so it can be quite difficult to converse without being listened to/ or listening to others. That's is the only down point.
Be sure to check out the drawers of the table and read the scripts from other dinners!

1  Thank Marley196

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This was one of the best vegetarian restaurants I have ever been to. Absolutely delicious and fresh food, and the place is in a very nice location. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. I recommend!

1  Thank Emilia690
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Recommended. Food prepared fresh. The service was excellent and friendly. The place is nothing fancy almost student like. It's very near the McGill campus. Prices are very reasonable. I would back in a heartbeat. I had the curry which was very tasty. My wife had vegetable lasagna and my daughter tomatoe pie. Everyone loved their selections. It's a small place so there will be times when you will not get a table.

2  Thank canadian-eh777
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for the past four years whenever I visit my daughter who goes to McGill. I have never been disappointed. The atmosphere is cozy and warm -- a nice respite from the often frozen street--. The service is excellent and friendly. It is always open and always busy. The menu is eclectic and is the same for lunch and dinner. The food is fresh, healthy and delicious with hints of mexican, indian and good all-american cuisines. I have had the samosa, the quesadillas, the chili, the hemp burger and more.... Every day features a new soup, quiche and frittata. And the desserts are homemade and luscious. Love them all! Thank you Lola Rosa for doing such a great job.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I called ahead to check their hours but should've also made a reservation. At first I was surprised how busy it was for a Wednesday night... but when we opted to wait the 40 minutes (which turned into an hour, all based on how good the food being eaten looked) for a table for more than 2, we were not disappointed. No wonder it was packed. And for the price I was blown away. Even though there was very little space to wait out of the snow and wind (there was a line behind us, too) after our wait was longer than advertised by the staff, they let us order before we sat down and our soup came out as soon as we did. The lasagna was fantastic as well. Would definitely recommend this place and would go back in a heartbeat. Though probably with a reservation next time ;)