“Tasty”

Ranked #16 of 5,724 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Our Mission is to provide good vegetarian comfort food, tasteful and colorful with an very good service. We want non vegetarian to eat less meat to have an ecological impact on their health and earth.OMNIVORE CERTIFIED ADORED
US
“Tasty”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

It was really busy at lunch time so i recommend to book a table.
The food was very good and fresh.
I can more than recommend to go there.

2 Thank NSPF

Montreal, Canada
“I used to like it until I got food poisoning”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

When I was a University student I ate at Lola Rosa at least once every couple months: it was yummy, close to McGill, and open late. I found it fun, and the prices were reasonable. It was healthy too, and the servers were always pleasant.
But last week, I went to the restaurant to reminece about my study days. I had their burrito which tasted delicious as usual! But my boyfriend left the restaurant with a very disended stomach and very uncomfortable. I felt fine, but 24 hours later I had food poisoning. Terribly disappointed! I understand that raw vegetables are one of the toughest things to get really clean because they are porous, but I would have assumed that Lola Rosa would take extra precaution to avoid their customers getting sick.
I gave it three stars for all those good times I had, but I am sorely disappointed that I left with food poisoning. I will be thinking twice before going back, let alone their new branch!

1 Thank Hilary M
cafelolarosa, Owner at Cafe Lola Rosa, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Hilary M.
I am sorry to hear your disappointment but food poisoning doesn t happen 24h later so you are wrong, and with your bad title review you are hurting our business. Mistakes happens but in this case it s not food poisoning. This occurs within 2 to 3 hours max. Please if you don t believe me ask your doctor, you can write me a email at pascal@lola-rosa.ca.
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Excellent vegetarian food”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Excellent food and good service. Had diner with an infant and three adults. Very friendly staff. Nacho's were tastful, burrito's are excellent and we do recommend for desert: the trio: a nice combi of cheesecake, chocolat mousse and creme brulee.

1 Thank Sander B
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Superb energy and ambience .... Food is reasonable”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Had just been to the 545 Milton street branch of the Cafe Lola Rosa,. Superb energy and verve in the place courtesy of the staff and ambience there..
Although this is graduation week in Mcgill University, there wasn't really too much waiting (about 20 mins). What amazed me was the superb way that the staff were conducting themselves and keeping the clients engaged and happy.
The food is quite tasty and reasonably priced.. The no of options can definitely be enhanced.

Watch out for the extra-large portions - they seem to be extra-extra large by my standards!
I had taken a soup and burrito to-go - both the portions were extra-large.
Great atmosphere.. definitely recommend the place..

1 Thank Vishwadharmi K S
Montreal, Canada
“not good representation of good vegetarian food...”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

tried the new location. nice decor and atmosphere but the food was not as good. limited menu and the two dishes we had were mainly rice based, a little bit of protein and not much else. flavourful but i missed having some other component on the plate....more veg or some sauce.... vegetarian food needs to come our of it's granola/rice ghetto... love the other location and its food because it seems to represent vegetarian food much better...maybe replicating the same menu would be good or try something entirely different.....however, we loved the nacho plate....

• Visited April 2013