“SO good!”

Ranked #16 of 5,927 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Description: Our Mission is to provide good vegetarian comfort food, tasteful and colorful with an very good service. We want non vegetarian to eat less meat to have an ecological impact on their health and earth.OMNIVORE CERTIFIED ADORED
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've been a vegetarian for a couple years now, and NEVER have I been so impressed! Lola Rosa has a limited menu, but I would be stoked to try everything. They don't try to present 'fake meat,' they make the most out of alternative protein sources. Their ideas on spicing are out of this world, and that made the burrito just perfect. My friend ordered the lasagna, which was to die for! Most vegetarian lasagnas are dry and leave a lot to be desired, but not Lola Rosa's! They go for the minimal sauce, creamy cheese take that you can never find done right in the States. Love it! If you're in Montréal, I say you absolutely have to go to this place. Make sure you call ahead, though, it's a big hit with the McGill students. And rightfully so!

3  Thank BluePhyre

Reviewed September 1, 2012

After much research, we found this cute vegetarian restaurant to be adorable! It was located in the McGill neighborhood a short, pleasant walk from our hotel.
I ordered the quiche du jour, a deliciously prepared medley of vegetables, and my mom ordered the soup du jour, a yummy, warm zuccini soup.
Our waitress seemed to be new, so the service was a little slow, but we enjoyed all the time we spent in the restaraunt! The price was reasonable, and the atmosphere was small, warm and cute. I would definitely recommend this to a friend, vegetarian or not!

3  Thank city-shopping-girl
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My boyfriend found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and we decided to check it out. I am part veggie (I eat chicken and fish) and he will eat anything. We ended up loving this place so much that we visisted again later in our trip! The food is great - we tried the nachos twice (yummmm), the veggie lasagna, tomato tart, avocado quesadilla, hemp burger, plus the brownie and apple crisp for desert. Definite highlights were the nachos, desert, and quesadilla. But it really doesn't seem like you can go wrong!

The atmosphere of Lola Rosa is really cool. I loved the windows facing the street that can open all the way up, to bring the outside in. Also, you sit at tables that are actually antique looking desks, with drawers that are filled with paper scraps guests have written on over the years. As you're waiting for your food it is fun to rifle through the drawers - some funny stuff in there! I also liked that they brought out a carafe of water to each table, so you could refill your glass on your own.

This restaurant seems to get incredibly busy and it is really small - they recommended we call ahead for our second visit, though when we did that we were told they couldn't take our reservation. Oh well, we got in eventually! It seems like they could do with more wait staff because the people that were working seemed incredibly harried and over-extended. We had to wait a while to have our orders taken but as a former server, I totally understand! I wouldn't come here if I were looking to have an intimate private conversation or if I were claustrophobic though, since most of the tables are about 2 inches away from each other - you are basically sharing a table with strangers. Not a huge issue for me but I can see how it might be for others.

Give this place a try if you're in Montreal!

3  Thank erin464
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Excellent Service. Great food . Nice Ambiance. Best Beer. We stayed 2 nights in Montreal and ate there twice. We are not vegetarians, but we loved every bite of it. Go there; you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank ooievaar
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We ate here one night while in Montreal. Probably would not have found it if not for TripAdvisor (thanks). Quiet part of downtown off the main drag near the east entrance to Mont Royal Park. Everything is vegetarian so you don't have to worry about ordering something with meat by accident. I don't remember what we ordered but the waitress was friendly and the food was very good--seemed to be fresh and cooked to order. The interior was nice and relaxing. Seemed like a cool little restaurant and the place got packed as we were finishing so I assume other people like it, too. Definitely recommended and prices were very reasonable considering you're in a large city.

**TRIP NOTE**
My wife and I flew into NY, spent a couple of days there with family then took a two week road trip with stops in Burlington, VT, Montreal, Quebec City, Tadoussac (whale watching), Sherbrook, and Bethlehem, NH before returning to NY. We're posting reviews of most of the places we stayed & ate and places we visited. Some reviews may be short if the details are a little hazy (we're writing this after the fact) but at least to give you an idea of our experiences. Reviews are based on price and expectations so a $100 / night room is not going to be compared to a $200+ / night room nor is a $30 dinner going to be compared to an $80 dinner. Feel free to contact us if needed.