“Absolutely Delicious!!!”
Review of La Campagnola

La Campagnola
Ranked #333 of 5,997 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Quality si our first priority
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Every time I go for dinner, the food and service is fantastic.Great Italian food, great ambiance and you can bring your own wine!! Highly reccommend. Staff takes great care of you and the food is delicious!!

2  Thank yvonne-mtl

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Had a chance to eat at La Campagnola after a recommendation from a friend. You'll need a reservation if you are going on a Friday or Saturday night because the place will be pack. Food is excellent and you can bring you own wine. Try Joe's special meatball as an appetizer. The place is a bit noisy and service hectic but overhaul we had a great evening supper .

1  Thank BoBoBabo
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was our first experience at this restaurant, we had heard rave reviews and do not know if our experience was out of the norm. We had 7:00 pm reservations and did not have the food on our tables until 9:30, the service was horrible, with not all meals arriving at the same time, bread and prosciutto arriving at least an hour after our arrival, someone in our party requested a small plate of pasta for a very young child to be brought shortly after we arrived,it did not until at least 8:30.

I do not know if they had staffing problems on his particular night, however with such lousy service, which I might add they knew about because they kept saying it won't be long, I would have thought that they would have at least offered a complimentary dessert or cup of coffee, after all we were a party of 12 plus a young child.

In all fairness when the food did arrive it was very, very good, but by that time we were all annoyed and did not have much of an appetite and many of us took our food to go. A bit much for a restaurant that is not that inexpensive for what it serves.

Based on this evening I would not go back.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I went yesterday and was pushed by the waiter toward main meal including veal,shrimps and pasta in a creamy sauce,$32.00 the plate, I was not sure it seemed too much for me but he insisted that I would miss on something so I believed him, the veal was very nice, the shrimps overcooked, as for the pasta it was bland and the creamy sauce non existant, I should have return my plate but I was not hungry anymore at that point ,so we went for a dessert the waiter brought a nice plate to show us the assortment they had, I took a creme brulé , yes only a creme brulé, what was not my surprise when the bill came it was $12,00, in all it costed for two $120.00 + tip no wine included, its a bring your own wine, next time I want to pay such a price I will go to a very renowned restaurant where I will not be dissapointed and pay about the same price. I will never set foot in that restaurant again. In my opinion this restautant is a real rip off.

2  Thank Marianne D
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Hidden away in a strip plaza in Lasalle (SW Montreal) this restaurant has the very best Italain cuisine in Montreal ...so good a colleague made me bring one of their Arancini Rice balls all the way back to Toronto for him. Risotto is always hard to get right, and I believe that this restaurant has some of the very best seafood risoto! The dessert are outstanding. It is Bring Your Own Bottle, and please check if they take credit cards, as I think I paid cash for some reason. Food is outstanding and very friendly staff. Love it!

1  Thank guru4travel