“Not what I expected”
Review of Ile Flottante

Ile Flottante
Reserve with OpenTable
Ile Flottante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 5,997 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: De l'Esplanade & Waverly
Transit: Metro Rosemont. Bus 55 St-Laurent, stop at St-Viateur Street.
Description: The tasting menu is offered in a choice of three, five or seven courses where preference is given to vegetables, as well as a selection of meat and seafood. Our aim is to create a meal that reflects a balance of flavours and draws on the styles and inspirations of our kitchen. Please inform us of any dietary restrictions you may have.
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Perhaps I didn't read the reviews carefully enough, but I was expecting a luxurious restaurant in a beautiful room. Not at all. This is a tiny restaurant in what looks like a converted pizza place. Room for maybe 30 guests. Because I was solo they sat me at the counter.... yes, counter, as in "bar". On a bar stool. Not what I expected. This is the kind of restaurant where the chef paints on the plates with various sauces before he creates art with the food he adds. Each layer painstakingly applied one sprig at a time. If you find that approach pretentious, then this is not your restaurant. Is the food good? Yes. Wine list is on a black-board on the wall. Menu is four or five starters and the same number of entree. The room is not particularly inviting or comfortable. The service is excellent. The cost is very expensive. My solo meal was over $100, plus considerable cab fare, since it's not really near anything.

8  Thank ROG13

Reviewed July 7, 2014

First time to Montreal. Went to Two Monkeys based on friend's recommendation. and surely, the restaurant did not disappoint. Every dish from appetizers (shrimp chowder, duck ravioli) to main entrees (Korean BBQ Duck Duo, Wild Sea Bass), they were full of flavor, it's like having fireworks on your taste buds. Definitely a local GEM. Your tummy will be thanking u for going there. Great service by Sean, Shawn and Nada!!!! Thank u

3  Thank Victoria G
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Wow! My wife and I dined here last night and were stunned by the innovative menu, the thoughtful and professional service and the absolutely stunning food. Everybody here has to care greatly to deliver such a excellent experience. A must if you are in Montreal!

2  Thank Peter R
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Les Duex Singles de Montarvie is a MUST when in Montreal. I booked our reservation weeks before our trip to Montreal based upon TripAdvisor reviews. We stayed in Old Montreal which is only about 6 miles from Les Duex Singles de Montarvie BUT after several cab rides my husband I were questioning whether or not the $40 CAD round trip would be worth it. IT WAS AND SO MUCH MORE!

For starters I had the shrimp soup w/large pieces of shrimp in a light cream base. PERFECTION. My husband ordered a salad with caramelized endive, citrus sections, candied pecans and warm sweet goat cheese. He LOVED it. For the main course my husband had the black striped sea bass and I had the milk fed veal. Both outstanding. The veal was possibly the best I've ever eaten. The combination of fresh mushrooms, béchamel and sweet potato crisps was a foodies dream. I couldn't finish the portion so my husband helped me out and agreed with my review.

The finishing touch was dessert and I would have licked the bowl if it had been appropriate! The most delicious meringue with berries you will EVER taste. Soft and crisp at the same time.

Neta, our server, was extraordinary. I dropped my napkin and voila' she appears with a fresh, crisp white napkin to replace the one that slid off my lap! I had no idea she would notice since Neta was showing everyone the same level of personal service we were enjoying.

It doesn't get any better than this. We're here for 3 more days and I want to go back!

4  Thank Lakelandmarsh
Reviewed July 4, 2014

After reading the great reviews on TripAdvisor, my husband and I made a reservation for our recent trip to Montreal. We were not disappointed!

To start, the table had our name on it which was a really fun, personal touch. Everything we had there was truly delicious. From the cocktails to the dessert, we loved every detail and it was quite clear that the staff takes extra care to make sure that each dish is perfect. The restaurant is small and has an open kitchen so you can see the chefs cooking your meal. If you're in the area, you have to go here. This place can't be missed! Be sure to make a reservation, though. We were there on a Tuesday and every table was reserved!

1  Thank LHoppins