“Must try”

Les Deux Singes de Montarvie
Reserve with OpenTable
Les Deux Singes de Montarvie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 5,682 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: International, French, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: De l'Esplanade & Waverly
Transit: Metro Rosemont. Bus 55 St-Laurent, stop at St-Viateur Street.
New York City, New York, USA
“Must try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

I went a while ago. But i think it's worth to write the review to let ppl know.
it's a cute and cozy restaurant with great service.
Each dish is just amazing as it is. the presentation & taste & also the drinks....def beat some high-end restaurants. I also went to some fine dining restaurants while visiting. But i have to say this one is the best while I was visiing! Don't miss it.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Beatriz0223

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely a must !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

It's difficult to tell what is better, if the food or the service....
Dishes are smarty achieved, good portions and reasonably priced. Place is small with a open kitchen , cozy and decor quite unique without being presumptuous. Honestly I'd say one of the best dinners ever. We were celebrating my girlfriend's birthday and we got dessert as a compliment of the house, and they even help me saving a hundred dollars because my car was misparked and would've gotten towed away . Definitely a must , dont even think twice !

1 Thank Alejandro S
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
“The very best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I came here with my boyfriend for our 3 year anniversary/ last night in Montreal. Needless to say, our expectations were pretty high. They were fufilled beyond our beliefs! I literally ate the best fish I have ever had in this restaurant. So much thought and finesse goes into the food! The chef uses combinations like pumpkin seeks and grapes that you would not expect to work but are so delicious! The wines are very affordable and very good. We got a bottle of white for 33$.

If we are in Montreal again, we will be back.

And you need reservations, theres only 8 tables(:

1 Thank Julia C
Hamilton, Canada
“BEYOND PERFECT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Beyond perfect, it was literally art in my mouth. I will never eat the same way again. Thank you!! I will be back (over and over and over...). Reasonably priced fabulous wines and excellent (and reasonable priced!) beautiful meals that are larger portions than expected. Perfect service, perfect evening.

2 Thank Katherine A
Seattle, Washington
“Believe the Hype”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

We only went to Les Deux Singes because it was the top-rated restaurant on TripAdvisor and, while I'm not sure it's THE BEST, I'd say that the combination of location, price, and quality of service/food are certainly what helped put it in the top spot on this site.

The restaurant was located conveniently to our guest rental in Le Plateau Mont-Royal. This is more of a subjective measure for us, but we enjoyed being able to walk there and sightsee all over the course of about 20 minutes.

The food was very good. My wife had a salad that she said was probably the best she's ever eaten (and she knows her salads) and I had duck ravioli. We finished dinner with creme brulee, lava cake, and cappuccino, all of which were expertly prepared. The presentation of the food complemented the quality of its taste. All of our food was light, but substantial, and we loved the open-concept kitchen that allowed us to watch how they were creating the works of art in front of us. The wine list was short but interesting and we had no problem finding the appropriate wine for our respective dishes.

The service was great. Our server was courteous and knowledgeable. We went from being the only couple in the restaurant to being one among many, and the quality of the service remained consistent throughout. Our server was attentive but not overly so, which we always appreciate.

Total price for our dinner - 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 1 cappuccino, 2 desserts, and tip - was about $140 USD, so certainly on the higher end of our preferred range. However, we felt good about the value we received for our money. In writing this review, I'm happy to support Les Deux Singes's top spot on TripAdvisor.

• Visited February 2014