“Great service and delicious food!”
Review of Ile Flottante

Ile Flottante
Reserve with OpenTable
Ile Flottante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5,927 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: De l'Esplanade & Waverly
Transit: Metro Rosemont. Bus 55 St-Laurent, stop at St-Viateur Street.
Description: The tasting menu is offered in a choice of three, five or seven courses where preference is given to vegetables, as well as a selection of meat and seafood. Our aim is to create a meal that reflects a balance of flavours and draws on the styles and inspirations of our kitchen. Please inform us of any dietary restrictions you may have.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My husband and I chose to dine at this restaurant after seeing the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. We were impressed! From the great service (thank you so much Nada), to the wonderfully prepared delicious food, we had a super evening and shall definitely be back again.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

My visit to this restaurant was during a gathering for a friend's birthday. I was happy to know that a new menu had been recently introduced (the old menu was equally impressive too).

Their food is delicious and beautifully presented to complete the whole nice ambiance.

It's better to call for reservation before you go there because they are usually fully booked almost everyday!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

OK, so we were the first dinner guests to arrive at the restaurant the evening we visited, and the atmosphere was lacking, no fault of the restaurant. It just seemed a little "off" to me. We ate early by some standards (6:30) b/c we had another engagement at 8:30 which we barely made on time. The service was good, maybe a bit too attentive b/c of the lack of other people, which made me personally a little anxious. We didn't opt for appetizers but went straight to the main course. Before that arrived, our server brought us each an amuse bouche of smoked octopus with ?? and micro greens, it was very tasty. My husband had the seafood trio, he said it was very good. I had the lamb shank and really enjoyed it (including the edible flower garnish, a Nasturtium that tasted slightly like a radish). Our waiter suggested a bottle of wine which happily was on special and therefore somewhat economical. The food, wine and service were all very good; I think any lack of enthusiasm on my part is simply due to a lack of "buzz" in the room from fellow diners - again, no fault of the restaurant, just my perception of my dining experience.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Our hotel and people we spoke to during the day knew nothing about this restaurant. It is tucked away up in Mont Royal at Mile End. A tiny little place, not fair to call it a hole in the wall because the food and service was some of the best i have had. This place was boxing way above its weight. 4 staff members all visible to the customers, two chefs and two wait staff knocked it out of the park. Duck Ravioli like everyone says is spectacular. My wife's Chicken appetizer was plenty big enough for me to have some too and boy was it worth stealing from my wife's plate. The main course for me was the 'Tongue n Cheek' ragout.......although they call it Pork Tongue and Cheek Ragout. Dont be put off if you are not a tongue person, this was fantastic.

Unfortunately, i blew it on dessert. The fig creme brulee just felt too heavy and overpowered, just not what a CB should be like. Should have had the Floating Island.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

We were looking forward to trying this resto as it has such an excellent reputation. Maybe it was a bad day for the chef but we were disappointed.
I had the bison tartare for starters: the marinated beets overwhelmed all other flavors, I may as well have opened a jar of pickled beets. My companion had the duck ravioli with foie gras sauce: this turned out to be the highlight of the evening.
Then he had the lamb shank: exotic spices livened up the dish but couldn't mask the fact that the lamb was rather dry and tasteless. I had the duck duo: the confit on a bed of mashed potatoes was ok but the magret was overcooked and coated in a very sweet sauce. Not a hit.
There is no cheese platter. We skipped dessert and went straight to coffee. The bill would have been reasonable had the food been up to par. As it was, it was very expensive for one good appetizer (duck ravioli) and half an OK entrée (the confit).
The menu and the wine list are both rather short. The ambiance is nice and cosy, a bit quirky. The staff is friendly and efficient. But that doesn't make up for a very disappoiting meal. We won't be going back.

2  Thank djostan