“Quirky place with extraordinary food and service”

Les Deux Singes de Montarvie
Reserve with OpenTable
Les Deux Singes de Montarvie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5,710 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: International, French, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: De l'Esplanade & Waverly
Transit: Metro Rosemont. Bus 55 St-Laurent, stop at St-Viateur Street.
Naples, Florida
“Quirky place with extraordinary food and service”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This little restaurant tucked away on a street with small shops and non-trendy businesses is a surprise. Don't let the setting fool you or stop you from proceeding. The food textures, colors, combinations and presentations are a treat to the senses. The service was exceptional and the sparse yet eclectic atmosphere added to the charm. The meal was extraordinary and I would return again and again.

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
“Amazing little restaurant! A must go in Montreal!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I happened to book a reservation to this place a few days in advance for a later-than usual dinner at 9:30pm on the Saturday night. Worked out perfectly, as me and my boyfriend wanted to walk around the area first.

We started off with a glass of red wine each, and shared the duck ravioli as an appetizer. I cannot say anything but that this dish was so delectable! The in-house made pasta was cooked till it was perfect, not too hard, but not too soft, and the duck inside taste delightful. The foie gras on top tasted quite good as well.

Then he had the boar belly and I had the hanger steak. Both were really good. We would have ordered dessert, but we were both way too full from the bread that was served as well and the little extra small dish they gave us on the side.

P.S. Must say though if you want to try anything, it should be their duck ravioli!!!

Montreal, Canada
“loving it”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Lovely place to try with your loved one. I spent some great time with my girlfriend, she loved so I did. Happy wife, happy life :D Great service, prices are reasonable for such an amazing service and food. Atmosphere is just incredible, like I said before. A place that couples should definitely try.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Leo B
Montreal, Canada
“Very good but not great”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very tasy food with fresh products, but cant give it a five star for lack of creativity. Its good but when you take into account price/quality/imagination I cannot give it an excellent rating.IMO if you are looking for bistro fair, la Cocagne is better.

Rahway, New Jersey
“Wonderful and deserving of the #1 ranking!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

As usual, Trip Advisor didn't let me down. This was the one restaurant I considered a must-visit. We were unsure of our itinerary so didn't reserve, but luckily they had a table available for a Thursday night when I called the same day. I would recommend reserving in advance, though; it is tiny, as the reviews all say. It was raining the day of our visit and it's definitely a hike from the metro station. If you don't mind spending the money for a cab, do it.

When we arrived we were shown to our table which had a chalkboard with my name on it - so cute! There were only about 8 tables plus some seating at the bar, and I loved the open kitchen - you can see everything being prepared.

The service was outstanding. They took the time to really explain the menu and also inform us of the most popular dishes. We ordered mojitos to drink (the bar is limited but they did have a lovely bunch of fresh mint) and then started with the recommended duck ravioli, appetizer portion. It was buttery and creamy and amazing. My fiance ordered the other recommendation, the lobster sausage, while I chose the hanger steak. Both were outstanding. Actually, when my steak arrived it looked rarer than I normally prefer, but I tried it and found it perfect. This is clearly a reflection of the quality ingredients.

Our bill came to $115 which was well worth it for this caliber of food, service, and ambience. Do not miss it.

• Visited August 2013