“VIETNAM PLUS MONTREAL = SUPERB”
Review of Pho Tay Ho

Pho Tay Ho
Ranked #407 of 5,816 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Montreal, Canada
“VIETNAM PLUS MONTREAL = SUPERB”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

fancy, no!; expensive, no!; friendly yes!; just wonderful food served with no pretence just hot, fast and delicious in a very "warm" atmosphere. It's location on Saint-Denis in the plateau is quite off the beaten track, so for them to survive, you know they are popular and for very good reason. I can't wait to return and have something different.

• Visited August 2014

“Overrated, greasy”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I went to that restaurant because of its rave reviews and was highly disappointed. We had to wait outside at -15 C for quite a while and then inside where we could see into the kitchen. Their methods of cleaning ustensil is utterly disgusting (no detergent, just hot water and air-dried). I made a mental note to clean mine before eating. When we finally got a table, the ustensils were filthy. I ordered a chicken pho and a mango bubble tea. The bubble tea was ok and the tea was good, but the pho smelled like wet dog and I had more fat than chicken. It was also terribly noisy. There were very few veggies in it and it tasted like salt. I know better restaurants in the area.

• Visited February 2014
Longueuil, Canada
“Rude and money-grubbing”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The food might be good at Pho Tay Ho, but the service is so very rude. I have rarely felt so disrespected at a restaurant. They just want your money and for you to get out of there asap so they can have more customers. Go to Y Lan across the street instead, at least you'll be giving your money to good people.

• Visited February 2014
“Pho tay Whoa!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Love this place. I definitely treck outta my plateau neighborhood for their brothy delights. Im alot closer to china town but china town pho is just not the same. This place has saved me from the most treacherous of hang overs. Magic pho. So damn good!

• Visited December 2013
“Best Pho”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Is there any better remedy to your hangover than Pho Thay Ho ?
I don't think so

Everyone who is a food lover and a party animal would agree with me.

They have the best Broth in town. The magic potion that will treat your hangover like a champ and put you back on your feet.

I always get #12
I need my pho fix at least once a week or i feel like something in my life is missing.

• Visited December 2013