“Yummy momo's”

Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Went to the restaurant on a Saturday night, lovely intimate atmosphere. We are vegetarian and the selection for us was abundant. The owner himself walked us through the menu with great suggestions. He is a sweetheart! Ingredients were fresh and after finishing didn't want to go into a food coma like I normally feel after eating normal buttery/oily Indian food (don't get me wrong I love Indian good!). Great Montreal spot for something different.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My daughter & her husband had been there before and this time they "treated" me. Excellent Tibetan food. Had a mix of momos: Tashi-Delek delish! Ping-Sha (sauteed beef with wild mushrooms) was excellent, and the Shap-Ta (beef with onions, green & red peppers) was even better, if at all possible. Beware: the Sha-Ka-Tsa is made with VERY HOT peppers ! Their tibetan bread is to die for: Timo is perfectly steamed and swirled like a danish, the U-Shang Bagleb is so nice and sweet, you have to keep it for last, like a desert. They were out of lamb, so the Shrimp Curry was ordered, but I found it a bit bland. Try the Mango Ice cream: it is really creamy and satisfying. Keep to the Tibetan dishes, you will not regret it. Portions are very satisfying also. Super nice staff makes this a place to go back to. So many more dishes to try, and I know I will not be disappointed.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

What a great find! The food was absolutely perfect. My son and I really loved the Than Tuk with its homemade noodles and wonderful broth - we had it with chicken, but it is available with beef. My husband loved the momo's and our standout dish was the fried daal!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I tried this place because we had a Groupon coupon and I was pleased with the experience! The staff helped us to make a good decision for the menu and everything was great. We had the tashi-dalek (mixted momos) and samosas for appetizers, which were very good. Unfortunately, they were out of lamb when I visited, so I couldn't try the biryani which seemed delicious. We ordered the butter chicken and curry chicken, which were excellent. Note that the dishes don't come with rice so don't forget to order an extra. The menu is surprisingly inexpensive! The staff is really nice and the owner is interesting to know! Be sure to say hi before leaving!

1  Thank Antoine D
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Felt very welcomed by the staff. They explained the menu and guided us to try to the mixed momo plate which was delicious and more than enough for two, especially after soup. Nice, calm respite after a day of being out and about.

1  Thank JalapenoEyes