“THE WORST INDIAN RESTAURANT-OWNER IS A RACIST”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Montreal, Canada
“THE WORST INDIAN RESTAURANT-OWNER IS A RACIST”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We visited the restaurant since all other 'good' restaurants were closed. We entered and the place was freezing.we requested for the heat to be turned up and the waiter/waitress just smiled and walked by. I guess they did not understand thye language. We then requested for the heat to be turned up again and yet again they smiled and walked away without saying a word. Was very weird. Other people in the restaurant requeted the same, they still did not hing about it. We decided to let it go. The waiter did not attend to us for about 20 mins after we entered. Once we placed the order, the food was brought to us without any plates. We then had to request for plates. The waiter was not apologetic at all. We start to eat but the ricde we ordered for was cold. We reqested for it to be heated and the waiter tells us that he cant do it. He said 'The rice is fine, it does not need to be heated'.. We insisted the rice be heated. So he grabs the plate off the table and heats the rice and brings it back.
The next issue was with the bill. We asked for clarification on an item on the bill and the owner/chef comes out of the kitchen and starts yelling at us to leave the restaurant. He made racial comments/slurs and asked us to leave. WORST RESTAURANT EVER. PLEASE DO NOT EVER EAT AT THIS PLACE. COMPALINT HAS BEEN FILED WITH THE HUMAN RIGHT TRIBUNAL AND IS UNDER INVESTIGATION

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank re r

San Diego, California
“Fantastic Food and Superb Service”
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I used to live in Westmount, two blocks from this restaurant, and have eaten there a lot. Recently, I graduated from university and brought 16 people to have a celebratory dinner with me there. The manager, owner and staff went out of their way to make sure we were all happy and taken care of. The food was fantastic - in fact I have never had a bad meal there.
I'm not an Indian food connoisseur so maybe I don't know what "real" Indian food should taste like, but I do eat it often from many different restaurants in different cities. I just like it, and Taj Mahal is by far my favorite.
Yes, their butter chicken has a "pinkish" colour, most likely from a spice they use, but if you taste it, it's is SO good. I can't get enough.
I have moved away, but every time I visit Montreal I have visited, and will continue to visit this restaurant.
I don't understand the bad reviews.
The owner himself is Indian, as well as his staff.

1 Thank MontrealtoCalifornia
ON
“Worse Restaurant For Indian Food”
Reviewed August 31, 2008

Well first of all this Restaurant is not serving Indian food. it is just cheating other people by saying it is Indian Food. Well being a North Indian i know what is indian food. I order Tandoori chicken, Saag & Butter chicken. SAAG is never with Gravy. Butter chicken & saag were sweet in taste. This is the first time i taste Pink Butter Chicken with Sweedish.We just pay for that and did not eat. However we do complaint about this to owner he told me that this food is base upon the the customer and obviusly customers are Non indian who never taste indian food. and for them that is indian food.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY ONE TO WASTE THEIR PENNY FOR THIS FOOD

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Decent Indian at decent...”
Reviewed June 20, 2008

Decent Indian at decent prices and very good service.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook