“Tasty, reasonable Indian”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Visiting from the UK, we fancied an Indian meal after too much American-style fare! We live in a city where there are lots of very good quality Indian restaurants, so we were prepared to be underwhelmed - the Americas not exactly being renowned for Indian cuisine.

We needn't have worried. The food was delicious. It was nowhere as spicy as European-style Indian cuisine (the hottest dishes would probably only be described as medium at home), but it was all very tasty due to the clever combination of spices.

The restaurant is by no means fine dining - but that all just adds to the experience, plus the polite waiters more than make up for the surroundings.

It was very popular with the locals and we could see why. A meal for two including alcoholic drinks cost us ~£20.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went there sevaral times and enjoyed equally everytime. I love the way they serve and give suggestion. First I was confuge what to order; however, the waiter explained all the different dishs and made my life easier. :)
they also have a new facebook page now.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I have tried about 6 or 7 Indian restaurants in Montreal so far and have been very let down. We read a lot of good reviews about this restaurant so decided to give it a try last night and were very pleased with what we found!

The service was excellent despite it being busy and when I mentioned that I had a gluten allergy the waiter was very knowledgeable about what I could and could not have.

We started off with being given some kind of chickpea bread (very crunchy) and a carrot chutney, which were both delicious. We then tried the pakora (we've had better pakora elsewhere but it was still pretty good) and a mango lassi. My husband ordered the nan bread, butter chicken and a spicy lamb dish, while I ordered a lamb korma with rice. All the dishes were delicious and had great flavor! For dessert I tried the pistachio ice cream (kulfi?) and it was the perfect balance to the meal. We will definitely be returning!

Service 10/10
Atmosphere 8/10
Food 9/10

1  Thank littlemissceliac
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My friend Rudy suggested this restaurant.
Service was very good, professional and extremely polite and careful. Food was great and so much that we had to ask for a doggy bag. The price was just right.

1  Thank ClaudeFortin
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Dined here on our first of five nights in Montreal. It was another tripadvisor review that attracted us to this place; otherwise, the hole-in-the-wall appearance of the place from the street would not have drawn us in. We sat by the window - right by the heater, which was nice, having just come from a 40-minute walk in the cold. Servers were ever-attentive, but did not rush us in any way. The menu was a typical Indian one, but the quality of the food was high, and the taste was excellent. For those Haligonians reading this - on par with the Taj Mahal restaurant in the South end.

3  Thank Gary H