“Fresh & Healthy”

Neighborhood: Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace
Montclair, New Jersey
“Fresh & Healthy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Yes, it is out of your way and off the beaten path of what you came to Montreal to do and see, and yes, you are "only" going for a big bowl of soup, and yes, you will probably have to wait in line, and you might get lost on the way there, and it's crowded, not fancy, with the ambience of a subway ride in New York city during rush hour, BUT, you ask, is it worth it? YES! The atomosphere is frantic, there is no alluring decor, but the soup is FRESH and DELICIOUS and HEALTHY and INEXPENSIVE, so, what do you want for all that? The broth is fantastic, the vegetables look just picked, there are many varieties to choose from and, should you ever have a cold or cough, come here, it will cure you. Or bring it to a sick relative or friend; they'll be up and running in no time. Sad thing? We tried some other places, one in Quebec City, that really educated us on what fresh Pho should (not) taste like, and we are searching for a Pho that at least comes close to Pho Lien.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
“Best Pho in Montreal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My friends in Montreal love pho and they know me love pho too. They brought me here last time I visited Montreal in May and it was super! I brought my family here this time for the Labour Day weekend.
The price is reasonable and it is easy to find parking along the street.
Remember to taste the coconut red bean drink #45 on their menu. I have never tasted anything like this, all my friends agreed!

• Visited September 2013
“Excellent pho”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Excellent pho for a good price. We were so hungry we took XL pho it was more than enough! The service was quick and surprisingly prices were already taxes included. Thanks! We'll be back...

Montreal, Canada
“Possibly Montreal's Best Pho”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I find it hard to hands down declare that Pho Lien has Montreal's best pho because I've taken people there who have fallen in love with the pho and I've taken people there who have said it was good but not great.

Personally, I've tried many pho shops in Montreal and I've still come to the conclusion that Pho Lien has the very best pho in town. The shop is always busy, particularly during peak hours, and line ups are common. So do expect a bit of a wait, especially if you show up as a big group. If it's your first time at Pho Lien, whatever you do don't leave!

The beef pho and chicken pho are both excellent. It's really the broth that makes a good pho and this place has AMAZING broth. I've also had the chicken and beef rice dish and that's also quite tasty if you're looking for something other than pho. If you're feeling like something sweet, treat yourself to a chè ba màu, a nice cool dessert beverage. Basically, Pho Lien offers you fantastic food at very reasonable prices.

If you're looking for Vietnamese pho, definitely give Pho Lien a try!

Tips: bring cash / change, bring your appetite if you order the XL pho and the restaurant is CLOSED ON TUESDAYS.

Laval, Canada
“Great lcoal resto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Close to where I used to work and always came here for lunch. As long as I can remember always fresh meat nice freshly cooked soups. The Pho Soup is the best and my favourite. Since I don't work in the area I regret that there are not so many places around in Montreal that deliver good quality Vietnamese food. Really really good quality Asian food

• Visited May 2013