“Good for lunch”
Review of Duc de Lorraine

Duc de Lorraine
Reserve with OpenTable
Duc de Lorraine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #426 of 5,978 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Parc du Mont-Royal
Description: Duc de Lorraine, open since 1952, is Montreal's oldest French pastry shop. From our critically acclaimed buttery croissants, to our traditional fine pastries, we have maintained our original recipes from our great chefs over the years. In addition to our fine pastries, we also offer a wide selection of French cheeses, charcuterie and traditional French dishes. Our special location near Saint Joseph Oratory gave us the opportunity to serve and satisfy customers from all around the world with our fine pastries and delicious dishes as we welcome over 250,000 customers yearly. Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 6:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I had lunch here after visiting the Oratory. We emjoyed our lunch especially the soup, but it was a bit on the expensive side. While we wre eating the owner left in has Aston Martin convertible!

4  Thank AnotherEngineer
nicolas_delrieu, Manager at Duc de Lorraine, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Bonjour AnotherEngineer,

Thank you for reviewing your experience at Duc de Lorraine. We are delighted that you enjoyed your lunch with us and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

visited here recently... great service, delicious croissants and chocolatines! will be back again for sure!

7  Thank RShills
nicolas_delrieu, General Manager at Duc de Lorraine, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Bonjour RShills,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We always work with the best products and the passion of giving you the best of the best.
It's a pleasure to serve you at Duc de Lorraine,

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Every time I visit Montreal I make sure I stop here. Last time I visited I ordered a few sandwiches to go and bought some croissants to bring back to Ottawa. My family in Ottawa and that I brought with me to Montreal loved the food.

5  Thank Adora L

Bonjour Adora L,
Thank you very much for your review, we greatly appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back at Duc de Lorraine again soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Took someone visiting Montreal here for lunch as it has a nice dining area and is in my neighbourhood. The food was fine, but the bill was damn steep. When I went back on my own with the non-itemized bill, it turned out they'd accidentally overcharged us considerably. No one even apologized for this, but the staff seemed put out at the inconvenience of looking for receipts. When I took friends there again, we were initially brought things we hadn't ordered and not brought others we did. The service is not intentionally bad, and one poor waiter does seem to run around and fix the others' mix ups, but the pastries - which are no better than those at the two bakeries down the street - aren't worth it.

3  Thank flaneuse

Bonjour flaneuse,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Duc de Lorraine.
We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations, for the problem on your bill and are looking into the issues you raised.
We do hope to welcome you back in the future so that we may have the opportunity to provide you with the Magnifique experience enjoyed by the majority of our customers.

Reviewed September 10, 2011

Not the same classic Duc, sampled croissants, chocolatines and an assortment of pastries and they were bad, croissants small not flaky not buttery not good, same for chocolatines and well the pastries were amateurish. So many good pastries in the wonderful city you should skip this place.

7  Thank Dylan Taylor M

Bonjour TaylorDylan,
Thank you very much for your review about Duc de Lorraine,
we are really sorry for the bad experience that you had with us a year ago.
We looked and keep looking into the issues that customers raise to provide you the best that we can.
We do hope to welcome you back in the near future so that we may have the opportunity to provide you with the Magnifique experience enjoyed by the majority of our current customers.